Forums > General Industry > The Vogue hosting site just logo-stamps any photo

Photographer

DwLPhoto

Palo Alto, California, US

What I wonder about is all the photos with the Suicide Girls logo on them...

Jun 20 13 06:33 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

DwLPhoto wrote:
What I wonder about is all the photos with the Suicide Girls logo on them...

Why wouldn't those be legit? Anyone can submit to SG and get them on the site. Getting payed is another matter.

Jun 20 13 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

figurativearts wrote:
awesome! congrats! (assuming you were in it since they featured so many of yours as pic of the day, which I saw well before I knew you were on MM)

Thanks..and yes I'm in the show. That's how I know about the language in the agreement to use the images. I was very particular in what the language was as I sell limited edition prints and no one is allowed to make copies in any manner since they would come away from the edition count. You see Vogue and the Gallery paid to have the prints made instead of each photographer printing their own and sending them to the show. I found that unusual. Apparently I was the only one. Everyone else agreed with the magazine that it saved the photographer's time and money. But since I sell limited edition prints I can't have extra copies out there. I'm also VERY particular on how my prints look..the reason and I have never let anyone else print for me.  So they reworked the agreement to my satisfaction and took notes on my print concerns. They are limited to making one print which will either be purchased or returned to me after the show. And I let them use one image as a poster to advertise the show. Though it took a few back and forth emails with their legal department they did all I asked in return. I figured they'd just drop me when I told them of the changes and restrictions I needed and obviously that was not the case. They were very respectful of my wok and complied with my every request making.

Jun 20 13 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

figurativearts

Cottonwood, Arizona, US

R Michael Walker wrote:

Thanks..and yes I'm in the show. That's how I know about the language in the agreement to use the images. I was very particular in what the language was as I sell limited edition prints and no one is allowed to make copies in any manner since they would come away from the edition count. You see Vogue and the Gallery paid to have the prints made instead of each photographer printing their own and sending them to the show. I found that unusual. Apparently I was the only one. Everyone else agreed with the magazine that it saved the photographer's time and money. But since I sell limited edition prints I can't have extra copies out there. I'm also VERY particular on how my prints look..the reason and I have never let anyone else print for me.  So they reworked the agreement to my satisfaction and took notes on my print concerns. They are limited to making one print which will either be purchased or returned to me after the show. And I let them use one image as a poster to advertise the show. Though it took a few back and forth emails with their legal department they did all I asked in return. I figured they'd just drop me when I told them of the changes and restrictions I needed and obviously that was not the case. They were very respectful of my wok and complied with my every request making.

that is quite remarkable actually. it shows the level of respect they have for you as an artist, and how important it was to them to include you in the show.

Jun 20 13 10:20 pm Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

Palo Alto, California, US

Alabaster Crowley wrote:
Why wouldn't those be legit? Anyone can submit to SG and get them on the site. Getting payed is another matter.

Well, which of the one's I've seen do you think were really on Suicide Girls?

Jun 21 13 11:16 am Link

Photographer

jmusse

New York, New York, US

When you submit your photo to PhotoVogue at Vogue Italia, you get a preview with Vogue logo. The idea for that is make sure as an artist that the logo is not blocking key parts of your photo. It doesn't mean you get inside Vogue.

The editors need to approved the photo (before you can visualize in your portfolio).

If you are downloading the preview, you only are pretending, you are cheating. The true is provide the link at Vogue Italia.

Many photographer never get one photo approved. In general those submission are a good exercise to refine your art, and skills in front of the most respect and hard to please people in the industry. 

Vogue Italia is important for many photographers because offer many opportunities. You start doing submission, and IF you are really good, original and talented they will invite you to other platforms, like Art+Commerce, and do gallery exhibitions with them, maybe some assignments like Vogue Talents, where you can present videos too.

Jose Musse

PhotoVogue
http://www.vogue.it/photovogue/Profilo/ … c8b56/User

Art+Commerce/Vogue
https://photovogue.artandcommerce.com/s … musse+jose

Nov 25 14 09:24 am Link

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

It's Vogue's scrap book picture library with lots of contributors giving them references. The ones they approve of aren't because they are works of brilliance it's because there's an idea they'd like to note.

Nov 25 14 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

V Laroche wrote:

Please explain the point of uploading a photo to that site, then downloading it with the logo and publishing it on one's MM port or website. Why not just link directly to one's v.it portfolio if one is so proud of the illustrious honor of having a portfolio hosted

there?

I have 15 images selected and yes I linked it on MM to my Vogue Italia portfolio. (Check it out)

It is actually dificult to have images selected and what they do or don't select makes little if any sense.  I have beens there selected image of the day 3 times.  That means a little something, but not much.

Nov 25 14 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

365 Digitals Exposed

Perris, California, US

I think I have  few  on their Website
http://www.vogue.it/en/photovogue/Profi … 543f/User/

Nov 28 14 01:23 pm Link