Photographer

Wicked LA Pix

Yucaipa, California, US

I have had an idea for awhile to do a 'dark' photo shoot. A girl shooting up. I finally got to finding a model and taking the photos.  I would like to see if anyone is interested in putting the background behind it. I thought the abandoned building or bedroom look, would look spectacular with the photo but maybe you have a better idea.  I have full rights and have them all available in raw. PLEASE NOTE SEVERAL OF THE PHOTOS ARE 18+. Hopefully I am posting in the right forum and not overstepping my bounds but I have no idea how to put the background in.  Here is the link to the photos-

http://s1241.beta.photobucket.com/user/ … oting%20Up

Pass- shootup

Thank You,
Eric

Dec 01 12 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Images By Joseph

Naperville, Illinois, US

WHY?

Dec 01 12 09:20 am Link

Photographer

Wicked LA Pix

Yucaipa, California, US

WHY?
Not sure what your question is but thought the photo would be unique and creating something different and collaborating with others would be fun and get 'us' a photo worth talking about. So WHY NOT?

Dec 01 12 10:28 am Link

Photographer

ForeverFotos

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

I tried to access the album, it requires a password.

Dec 01 12 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Ben Beksel Photography

Shell Lake, Wisconsin, US

ForeverFotos wrote:
I tried to access the album, it requires a password.

Pass = shootup

Dec 01 12 10:35 am Link

Photographer

ForeverFotos

I have some stock backgrounds that I've shot over the past few years, and one of them would be perfect for your idea. The problem is, the perspective on most of your shots is too high to allow much background other than a floor or furniture from a high perspective.

A very important thing to consider when merging a background is to keep the perspective of the subject photo at a slightly low angle to allow more of the background to be shown when the merge is done. Do you have any more shots taken from a lower angle?

Dec 01 12 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Light and Lens Studio

Sisters, Oregon, US

You might be better off to find a dingy, bare, austere, unfurnished (abandoned building?) room in a vacant building in LA and shoot your own background.  That way you could actually shoot from the same distance and angle that the original was made. 

Having seen more of this sort of scenario than I ever wanted to see, I can tell you that being "dressed to the nines," as this lovely model is, is certainly not typical of what you might find in a dingy flat.

Just my 2¢

Dec 01 12 10:57 am Link

Photographer

ForeverFotos

Light and Lens Studio wrote:
You might be better off to find a dingy, bare, austere, unfurnished (abandoned building?) room in a vacant building in LA and shoot your own background.  That way you could actually shoot from the same distance and angle that the original was made. 

Having seen more of this sort of scenario than I ever wanted to see, I can tell you that being "dressed to the nines," as this lovely model is, is certainly not typical of what you might find in a dingy flat.

Just my 2¢

This may be the best idea. The background I referred to was shot on the fourth floor of an abandoned building. The windows are dirty and cracked, and show a cityscape in late afternoon.

Dec 01 12 11:03 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Light and Lens Studio wrote:

Just my 2¢

What? You mean junkies don't get dressed up in their prom dress, carefully place a pack of cigarettes, place their heel on the mirror of blow, and carefully pose the pills so they are spilling just perfectly? Was there no bottle of Jack Daniels lying around?

I think an excellent background would be railroad tracks.

Dec 01 12 11:19 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Wicked LA Pix wrote:
WHY?
Not sure what your question is but thought the photo would be unique and creating something different and collaborating with others would be fun and get 'us' a photo worth talking about. So WHY NOT?

The "why not?" would be better addressed in the Serious Critique forum.

Dec 01 12 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Moderator Warning!

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
[unsolicited critique elided]

Site rule: - No unsolicited critiques. If someone has not asked for your critical opinion of their work, please do not give one.

Forum rule: 6. Critiques of the original images are not permitted. (AKA Play Nice.)

Dec 01 12 01:52 pm Link

Retoucher

trantienvuong

Hồ Chí Minh City, Pomorskie, Vietnam

Hi,

Following the mentioned link I've seen 7 images.

Could you please send the link of the RAW files to
[email protected]
?

Thank you!

Dec 01 12 03:18 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevsween

High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom

https://www.beechstock.co.uk/fallen_angel.jpg

Dec 01 12 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked LA Pix

Yucaipa, California, US

ForeverFotos wrote:
I have some stock backgrounds that I've shot over the past few years, and one of them would be perfect for your idea. The problem is, the perspective on most of your shots is too high to allow much background other than a floor or furniture from a high perspective.

A very important thing to consider when merging a background is to keep the perspective of the subject photo at a slightly low angle to allow more of the background to be shown when the merge is done. Do you have any more shots taken from a lower angle?

Dec 02 12 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked LA Pix

Yucaipa, California, US

I didn't think about the perspective. I had an idea in my head but haven't worked with the artistic side before. I added a couple photos  to the portfolio but the perspective really isn't much different.
Thanks for all you help

Eric

Dec 02 12 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked LA Pix

Yucaipa, California, US

Thanks everyone for all the replies and idea. I was trying to create something a little different (trashing the wedding dress) from my normal photos. If you think a different background works better I would love to see what you come up with. I realize it is allot of work so if it doesn't work for you I understand. I will try and make sure on my next project I work on a better perspective and angles on the photos.

Thanks,
Eric

Dec 02 12 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Liquid Projects

Boston, Massachusetts, US

https://i.imgur.com/EC1GZ.jpg

Dec 03 12 02:26 am Link

Retoucher

trantienvuong

Hồ Chí Minh City, Pomorskie, Vietnam

My version:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8208/8245578861_20de2c9223_c.jpg

I've intended to create a scene including a love-lorn person.
It's too complicated so that I have left the scene as you see here.
I love the look of the model there.

Dec 04 12 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Wicked LA Pix

Yucaipa, California, US

Thank you Vtran..

Eric

Dec 07 12 08:58 am Link

Photographer

_E_

Peabody, Massachusetts, US

https://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr35/skit4321/1-1.jpg

Dec 08 12 12:25 pm Link

Retoucher

Kevsween

High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom

https://www.beechstock.co.uk/nags.jpg

Dec 09 12 07:06 am Link

Photographer

Wicked LA Pix

Yucaipa, California, US

Thanks E & Kevsween ,
Looks great. Thanks for all your effort. I'm just learning what you guys can do and what I need to do get the right perspective for the photo to work.

Thanks,
Eric

Dec 16 12 09:19 pm Link