This thread was locked on 2012-12-11 18:58:30
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Need help with retouching

Photographer

Fred McKie

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Hi all

I'm just starting out and am keen to do as many shoots as possible. but am finding I'm spending far too much time in post-processing rather than with camera in hand.

I know if I'm to get better and better, and eventually hopefully make a living out of photography, I need to spend more time shooting rather than sitting in front of a computer. Plus I sit at a computer all day every day in my day job, so doing so in my spare time doesn't really appeal.

I'm seriously considering trialling outsourcing the retouching work to someone, but really have no idea what I'm getting myself in for (in terms of process, timeframe, cost or anything).

What's the best way of going about this - should I try retouchers here on MM or is there a smart way to search for people who do this sort of work locally to me (Brisbane, Australia)?

Any advice is welcome.

Cheers,
Fred

Dec 07 12 10:19 pm Link

Retoucher

MSL Retouch

Miami, Florida, US

Search the availability notices of retouchers or look through the challenges section of the DAR forum and see if you find any one that you might want to work with and take it from there.
As far as timeframe price ect it really varies from retoucher to retoucher
Good luck & happy shooting!

-Misty

Dec 07 12 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

Fred McKie

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Thank you Misty. I am guessing the standard of my work isn't sufficient quality for you to want to get involved, but if you would be interested please message me further details such as pricing.

Dec 08 12 12:28 am Link

Retoucher

PWF Retouch

Jacksonville, North Carolina, US

I'd be happy to work with you. I'll pm ya

Dec 11 12 06:18 pm Link