Forums > Model Colloquy > Picture comments

Model

KimberlyHicks

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

I know that I have seen a mixture of both but when someone leaves a comment on your picture or a tag, are you supposed to reply to that or leave it alone?

Newbie probs.

Dec 12 12 04:05 pm Link

Model

Chelsea Marlo

Portland, Oregon, US

It's up to you! People generally appreciate it if you reply, but it's never an obligation.

Dec 12 12 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

Aiken, South Carolina, US

You mean "reply as a follow-up comment"?
Very seldom, because who's going to read it?
  If you mean "return the favor", that's what I think the previous poster was answering.

Dec 12 12 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

I might comment......IF there is something to comment on. I don't leave BS comments on crape, just for the sake of it.

Dec 12 12 04:16 pm Link

Model

Acanthus Tattoos

Union, New Jersey, US

I'm new too but so far this is what I have done:

I have private messaged people to thank them for complimentary comments on my photos.

When I got multiple comments from the same person within a short timespan, I didn't thank separately for every one.

I private messaged in responses to tags as well.

Dec 15 12 12:58 pm Link

Model

Figuremodel001

Chicago, Illinois, US

Don't believe there is a formal rule.

Dec 15 12 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

KimberlyHicks wrote:
I know that I have seen a mixture of both but when someone leaves a comment on your picture or a tag, are you supposed to reply to that or leave it alone?

Newbie probs.

If somebody comments on one of my pics I will go to their portfolio and look at their images and comment on any (even many) that I feel merit a comment.

If somebody leaves me a Tag it depends what they say. If it's an 'awesome port' Tag then I don't do anything. If it's a bit more thoughtful then I will do either the above, or Tag them back saying thank you.

Dec 15 12 01:05 pm Link

Model

angel emily

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Small Fruit Pits wrote:
I might comment......IF there is something to comment on. I don't leave BS comments on crape, just for the sake of it.

This!

Dec 15 12 06:05 pm Link

Model

JWest

Asheville, North Carolina, US

KimberlyHicks wrote:

Newbie probs.

Depends. Sometimes I'll leave a tag saying thanks for the comments, sometimes I'll look through their port and comment if I see something I like.

Comments like "cool, nice, HOT" rarely get something back...they're not really constructive.

Dec 17 12 11:40 am Link