Forums > Model Colloquy > Scary Highlight Help

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Today I got 3 supposedly "subtle" blond higlights put into my hair and now my boyfriend says I look like Barbra Bush! I dont want to color process my awesome natural hair, HELP!

Aug 19 05 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I caould give you the name of a guy who can fix it without ruining your hair, but he's here in AZ...

Nemi wrote:
Today I got 3 supposedly "subtle" blond higlights put into my hair and now my boyfriend says I look like Barbra Bush! I dont want to color process my awesome natural hair, HELP!

Aug 19 05 08:49 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Thats all kinds of far away, but thanks anyway.

Aug 19 05 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Nemi wrote:

Ok but do "you" think you look like her? One person's opinion doesn't mean much and guys can say some stupid things, trust me. lol
https://www.atforumz.com/images/smilies/spank.gif

Aug 19 05 08:58 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Well, if you look at my portfolio you will see that my hair is at a side part on most pics, I think one side the highlight is okay, but the other is WAY to light, almost white, and its pretty freaking terrible looking. Also, pushing my hair backwards results in three alarmingly white stripes racing down my head....sad

Aug 19 05 09:07 pm Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

Nemi wrote:

well do YOU think that your hair looks like barbra bush's hair?

Aug 20 05 12:45 am Link

Photographer

KHatch

Utica, New York, US

Trust me, you do not look like Barbara Bush. Far from it. :-)

Aug 21 05 09:55 am Link

Model

Jen-E

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Looks fine to me.

You could consider going to a salon and asking for a color wash to help blend them more.

Also, washing your hair with a little Tide detergent in the shampoo will take the brightness away from the color.

Aug 22 05 11:43 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

If you just did it and don't like it, go back right away to have them fix it. If it is a good salon, they'll do it at no cost, depending on the type of correction you need.

Aug 22 05 11:47 pm Link

Model

SHAWN ANTONIA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Nemi wrote:

lmao

when i got highlights my hair fell out in the sink:(

never again!!

Nov 05 05 11:46 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

CHIAN wrote:

lmao

when i got highlights my hair fell out in the sink:(

never again!!

wow this thread is ollllld how did you find this lol!?   
Well luckily for me, the scary blond of doom mellowed out over time. I look just fine now...but you...i guess your hair can't Un-fall out of the sink...sowie haha.

Nov 05 05 11:56 am Link

Model

SHAWN ANTONIA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

lol...

yeh,,, the highlights started falling out, and the hairdresser wouldn't tell me.

i'm  sitting unde the dryer, scratch my head and a glob of hair comes out.

she's like" it was falling out in the sink but it's normal for virgin hair"

needless to say i never went back to her....hmphh

Nov 05 05 11:59 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Yea...thats sick..and while I have put a megaton of shit in my hair..its never fallen out....Just turned scary colors...like the time my hair turned what I lovingly called "dead salmon pink"....yea that one was pretty bad.

Nov 05 05 12:03 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

CHIAN wrote:
lol...

yeh,,, the highlights started falling out, and the hairdresser wouldn't tell me.

i'm  sitting unde the dryer, scratch my head and a glob of hair comes out.

she's like" it was falling out in the sink but it's normal for virgin hair"

needless to say i never went back to her....hmphh

girl OM met and tell me who it was if it was in Greensboro so I don't go there! *joking but oh so serious!smile)

Nov 05 05 12:04 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

haha I vote this thread is now the "tales of the terrible hairdresser" thread!

Nov 05 05 12:10 pm Link

Model

SHAWN ANTONIA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

IsabelAurora wrote:

girl OM met and tell me who it was if it was in Greensboro so I don't go there! *joking but oh so serious!smile)

lol... yeh i'll let you know

Nov 05 05 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Duncan

New York, New York, US

Nemi wrote:

Uh hello Barbara Bush Is HHHHOOOOTTTT!!!!

Nov 05 05 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Nemi wrote:
I dont want to color process my awesome natural hair, HELP!

Uh. what do you think highlights are? color processing,but kinda in reverse but can be just as bad on the hair. Anyway, considering im a lil different from other photographers, if you were here you would fit right in with the type of stuff I do. I would shoot you white streaks and all smile

Nov 06 05 01:37 pm Link