Forums > Critique > Critique my retouching port

Retoucher

MMRetoucher

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I have been adding new stuff to my port. I am working hard to get better. Please tell me what you think.

Jan 04 13 11:07 am Link

Retoucher

MMRetoucher

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Anyone??

Jan 05 13 10:32 am Link

Model

Anna T

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Great start, to get more exposure i would suggest changing avatar shot to a work you've done - preferably a close-up beauty shot you have retouched

Best of luck ! Anna

Jan 05 13 10:43 am Link

Retoucher

MMRetoucher

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Ok thanks so much.

Jan 05 13 02:24 pm Link

Model

angel emily

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Hi Misty!

I think some of your stuff is great.  Particularly this (but the original image is nearly perfect as is!!!  Is that straight out of camera?   Wow!)  I think this is a great example of what retouching *should* be. smile

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121204/15/50be8e7b3111b_m.jpg

Others, I think you need to watch the colors as it can tend to look a little "clownish" to me.  The background color here changed in your edit, too, which sometimes happens when messing with color correcting, etc.   Not sure if that's intentional or not!

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130103/19/50e64c4aec10f_m.jpg

Jan 05 13 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

T A X I

West Covina, California, US

Well I'll be honest ...  Its not very good. It seems you're retouching already retouched images-- you can't do that and expect results. You're other images look like you slapped a filter on it.

Continue practicing. Keep it mind just because you're altering an image doesn't mean you're doing a retoucher's job.

Jan 05 13 03:00 pm Link

Retoucher

MMRetoucher

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I am retouching photos that people post in the retouching forums.
I am not using photos that have already been retouched.
Also I don't use Photoshop, so changing the colors and such is a bit harder then just using a filter.
I actually take time to edit the photos.
I am still working on getting better.
I am glad everyone is giving me advice.

Jan 06 13 06:47 pm Link