Forums > Newbie Forum > Advice on working for elite?

Model

Inactive user account

Bayview, California, US

Jan 08 13 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Sara D Polos wrote:
Hello everyone I'm new to model mayhem
An I turned 18 on Sunday and now I'm setting out on my modeling career
I'm hoping to get signed with elite modeling agency
Can Anyone help me? Give advice or anything!

I plan on going down to the la agency when they have a casting ca

Thanks all!

Welcome to MM Sara!

You are new and young, so, a couple of tips etc here for you. Before that, I personally think you have the looks, and height for typical agencies, all just IMO. That said, you will get tons of replies here. Now on to my welcome pack of info:

First and most important tip - please click the my stuff link up in the menu bar; that will take you to your my stuff page, then you will see near the upper right a button that says Avoid Scams, please click that and go through it.

Every newbie seems to get hit with scam emails, messages etc right away. (or so it seems based on the posts - Is This A Scam?)

Next, please visit newmodels.com, this will give you some great advice.

Post in the forums, but read the stickies up top of each forum first for rules etc., that will get people looking at your profile.

Have fun and enjoy the Mayhem, and best of luck to you on your go-see's with Elite and or any other agencies  smile

Jan 09 13 12:10 am Link

Photographer

F O R B E S

New York, New York, US

Welcome to MM! You definitely have the looks and the height. Just always have a bright, easy going personality and be confident when you go to their casting. Goodluck!

Jan 09 13 05:52 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Sara D Polos wrote:
I'm hoping to get signed with elite modeling agency
Can Anyone help me? Give advice or anything!

I plan on going down to the la agency when they have a casting call

This is all you need to do smile

Enjoy MM for fun and treat it as a way to get a bit of experience in front of a camera but don't expect to get any images Elite will want to see. In fact, all you need to take with you is polaroids.

IF they like you when you go in person, then they will arrange some tests for your book with photographers who can produce work they think will sell you.

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Jan 09 13 06:03 am Link

Photographer

Fresh Faces Photography

Santa Rosa, California, US

Be wary of emails purportring to be from Elite -- or any other agency, for that matter. A model I've worked with got an offer from an individual who said he was from Elite Models. He convinced her that she would need to pay a $50 fee of some sort, so she gave him a credit card number, on which he charged $1350! Before learning of the huge charge, she went to the appointment only to discover that this guy was unknown to them.

There's a million of them out there. Read all the scam stuff here on MM.

BTW...are you the Sara Polos from Yucca Valley?

Jan 09 13 11:37 am Link

Photographer

AJ_In_Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia, US

-B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- wrote:

This is all you need to do smile

Enjoy MM for fun and treat it as a way to get a bit of experience in front of a camera but don't expect to get any images Elite will want to see. In fact, all you need to take with you is polaroids.

IF they like you when you go in person, then they will arrange some tests for your book with photographers who can produce work they think will sell you.

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

QFT It really is all that you need to do, but don't forget about the other reputable agencies as well.  Remember an agency chooses a model not just based on their look, but if they can market them.  If an agency already has several models with the same look that specific agency may not be interested in you, but the one down the road may be.

Jan 09 13 11:45 am Link