Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Another Sign of Apple Losing Mktplace Leadership

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Can we get IB to create badges that appear under each person's name in the forums? Canon or Nikon, Mac or PC, iPhone/Android/Windows.  Sure would make it easier to know who to take seriously in certain discussions.

Jan 11 13 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Sleepy Weasel wrote:
Can we get IB to create badges that appear under each person's name in the forums? Canon or Nikon, Mac or PC, iPhone/Android/Windows.  Sure would make it easier to know who to take seriously in certain discussions.

C'mon -- is it really difficult for you to know who to take seriously here?

Hint:  this is an "Off Topic" forum on a photographic web site with little-to-no acceptance criteria.  I recommend that your standard stance should be to take no one here seriously. 

Wait -- If I suggest that you don't take anyone seriously, wouldn't you be taking me seriously if you take my suggestion?  It's a trap!

Jan 11 13 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

What Fun Productions

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Sleepy Weasel wrote:

I don't believe in labels.

Jan 11 13 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Sleepy Weasel wrote:

What good would it do, even if it existed? Someone with an [iPhone|Android] icon could be a frothing-at-the-mouth fanboy of their choice, a frothing-at-the-mouth anti-fanatic about it's opposite number, or they could have absolutely valid reasons for their selection. Ditto for pretty much every other stupid polarized viewpoint.

It's easy to label people who don't agree with you, so you "know who to take seriously in certain discussions", but it's rarely valid to knee-jerk based on a stereotype.

Unless, of course, you were trying to be funny. In that case, I suggest working on the delivery. smile

Jan 12 13 01:42 am Link