Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Need a brutally honest critique of my photos.

Model

Joe Clifton

Lancaster, California, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/2902005/viewall

These were all taken during my first photo shoot, 4/1 of last year as part of the process of finding a front/back insert photo for my first album with my musical project that I do. Was wondering if you guys would take a good, honest look at them and give me your thoughts. What can be done better, what are the best photos, what should be stripped away from my portfolio, things like that. Thanks a lot guys!

JC/Uber Mensch

Jan 11 13 07:16 am Link

Photographer

Veit Photo

London, England, United Kingdom

As a llamaling portfolio it doesn't promise much versatility or highlight your talents. The photos are mostly in the same mood, same aesthetic and you're doing pretty much the same face in all of them. Even Derek Zoolander had three faces. Or was it four? Anyone?

Jan 11 13 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

It seems like these are almost landscape photos where a person walked into the frame. Its tough sometimes, especially in california, to find the right scale of background feature so that the model isnt overwhelmed. I'd find someone to do a studio set with, that way the focus will all be on you.

Jan 15 13 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Harold Rose

Calhoun, Georgia, US

Joe Clifton wrote:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/2902005/viewall

These were all taken during my first photo shoot, 4/1 of last year as part of the process of finding a front/back insert photo for my first album with my musical project that I do. Was wondering if you guys would take a good, honest look at them and give me your thoughts. What can be done better, what are the best photos, what should be stripped away from my portfolio, things like that. Thanks a lot guys!

JC/Uber Mensch

Sorry,  there is nothing there for me..

Jan 15 13 12:47 pm Link