Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Attaching things to a shaved head?

Photographer

Au 79

Monterey, California, US

Sup all,

I have something coming up where I'll need to attach horns to a shaved head. The horns will be fairly large and made from a lightweight foamy material. If the head in question is freshly shaved, is spirit gum appropriate to use?

Thanks!

Jan 12 13 12:29 am Link

Body Painter

Sweet Loretta

Sacramento, California, US

I would not use spirit gum at all, but it will work. Let's just make sure fresh does not mean that morning. Ouch! Try ProsAide II.

Jan 12 13 01:16 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jaime Criel Makeup

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Sweet Loretta wrote:
I would use spirit gum at all, but it will worl. Let's just make sure fresh does not mean that morning. Ouch! Try ProsAide II.

Great advice. I would personally use the ProsAide cream (it's thicker than the original ProsAide) I use spirit gum for facial hair application...I'm not sure if it would be strong enough for the horns

Jan 12 13 11:57 am Link

Makeup Artist

KDM

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Or could you put holes in a bald cap and put the horns through the holes? Then of course apply the bald cap to the model.

Jan 12 13 01:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KJB

New York, New York, US

Remember to use barrier cream (like Aqua Cream Lotion) on freshly shaved or recently shaved skin before applying any type of SFX adhesives.

Jan 12 13 02:55 pm Link

Body Painter

Sweet Loretta

Sacramento, California, US

Ahh ProsAide Cream love that stuff.

And thank you for the barrier tip. Adding that to my kit.

Sweet Loretta

Jan 14 13 09:43 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Dani Jaye

Princeton, New Jersey, US

I have such bad luck with spirit gum and horns.  It has never worked for me.  Prosaide all the way.

Jan 15 13 12:03 am Link