Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > new avatar yey or ne.

Photographer

Vile Knights

Waterbury, Connecticut, US

Just finished my new avatar, working on some different techniques with my post touch ups with green screening. What are your thoughts.. good direction, any thing missed.

Jan 14 13 08:03 am Link

Photographer

Veit Photo

London, England, United Kingdom

Firstly, I think this is a direction worth going in and you are definitely developing.
Having said that I think this image has a lot of flaws.
If you want to create a realistic composite it helps to have a good source image where the lighting matches what is superimposed.
Here the lighting in the two photos is wildly different and the result looks highly unrealistic. It's clear that in the background image the light falls off in the foreground.
But perhaps the biggest problem in this image is the photo of the model. The skin colour is a massacre. Her face has a magenta colour cast. Her right shoulder is going into green, there is a massive and very odd stripe of magenta-blue on her left haunch and a purplish smudge inside her right thigh. The result is very nasty and makes me wonder: is this a model or a reanimated corpse?

You need to train your eyes to see skin tone and learn to use the selective colour tool in photoshop.

Jan 14 13 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Vile Knights

Sounds good. I finally get a honest, answer.  I haven't used Photoshop I use GIMP and it has a touchy way of doing color selection. Plus when combining the two photos the shadows would become transparent. Thanks Greg you work is wonderful.

Jan 14 13 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Its a good image, but not a great avatar. You really want a compelling photo as an Avi, something that will make people click on it. With the dark eyes and the static pose, It just doesnt have much pop.

In your current port this would be my choice of avatar: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/25552529

Jan 15 13 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Vile Knights

Thank you,

Jan 16 13 03:19 am Link