Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Despite being in a foul mood all day today and yesterday, I still managed to sell almost $2000 worth of training this week.

This pretty much guarantees I will NEVER get fired... ever...

Jan 16 13 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

Awesome, good for you! big_smile

Jan 16 13 07:25 pm Link

Model

Koryn

The only sad thing is, I did two grand worth of work, but I only actually EARNED $200 from it.

Jan 16 13 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Syowa - permanent station of Japan, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

Koryn Locke wrote:
The only sad thing is, I did two grand worth of work, but I only actually EARNED $200 from it.

Welcome to my world.  I make my entire salary for the company in a span of a week.  And I have to work an entire year to earn my dues.

That's 51 weeks of straight profit for the employer. sad

Jan 16 13 07:39 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Gryph wrote:

Welcome to my world.  I make my entire salary for the company in a span of a week.  And I have to work an entire year to earn my dues.

That's 51 weeks of straight profit for the employer. sad

It's really pretty absurd.

Jan 16 13 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

eventually, you open your own gym, then you can hire trainers to make money for you, while you and I eat spaghetti and truffles.

Jan 16 13 08:00 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Damon Banner wrote:
eventually, you open your own gym, then you can hire trainers to make money for you, while you and I eat spaghetti and truffles.

I like spaghetti... and truffles...

a lot.

I actually would try to pay my trainers more than 10-15% though. That's just lame as fuck, especially when the gyms make such crazy bank off of package sales.

Jan 16 13 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I like spaghetti... and truffles...

a lot.

I actually would try to pay my trainers more than 10-15% though. That's just lame as fuck, especially when the gyms make such crazy bank off of package sales.

Truffles was like the only extravagant thing that is vegetarian friendly I could think of! 

I don't know if that is a fare rate or not.  You have to remember that they are paying rent, for maintenance on the machines/equipment, etc.  that said, membership dues, SHOULD cover that, in my estimation, so they should be able to pay more

If it doesn't get much better... get experience and then move on....

Jan 16 13 08:13 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Damon Banner wrote:
... get experience and then move on....

I want to work for myself eventually.

This is fine for now. It's what I need.

It's very hard to pay bills with the money, but I'm there so much of the day, that it really limits my ability to work elsewhere. That's how all the chains here are, and it's how it would be anywhere I worked at entry-level. I accept that.

It is what it is.

Jan 16 13 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I want to work for myself eventually.

This is fine for now. It's what I need.

It's very hard to pay bills with the money, but I'm there so much of the day, that it really limits my ability to work elsewhere. That's how all the chains here are, and it's how it would be anywhere I worked at entry-level. I accept that.

It is what it is.

if you can't hardly afford to eat the finest veggies and drink the finest cognac, is it really worth it? 

Maybe the chains are that bad (I hear Golds and 24hour  are pretty stingy) there are still other options. 

accepting it is probably fine since you are new, but after like a year or so, test the market.  You should definitely be getting more!

Jan 16 13 08:25 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Damon Banner wrote:
if you can't hardly afford to eat the finest veggies and drink the finest cognac, is it really worth it? 

Maybe the chains are that bad (I hear Golds and 24hour  are pretty stingy) there are still other options. 

accepting it is probably fine since you are new, but after like a year or so, test the market.  You should definitely be getting more!

I will probably be around there for a year. By the time I'm ready to go work somewhere else, maybe I will be able to use my right arm again.

I can be like, "And, yay friends, for now that I can openeth this door with the right arm, in the most literal sense, then new door shall be opened figuratively as well! Forsooth!"

Jan 16 13 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Damon Banner wrote:

Truffles was like the only extravagant thing that is vegetarian friendly I could think of! ....

roll

Cognac chocolate mousse

Jan 17 13 03:30 pm Link