Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > MUD palette foundation

Makeup Artist

MUA Amanda Fairweather

Lake Charles, Louisiana, US

Has anyone tried the MUD palette foundations?

If so please tell me what you think about the foundation???

what is a good alternative?

Jan 23 13 09:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Gabby D Make-Up

Murrieta, California, US

I went to MUD and the foundation gives really great coverage.

Jan 24 13 03:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jaime Criel Makeup

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I think they have a great foundation line. Pigmented enough to use as concealer, too. If you don't usually mix your foundations with reds, yellows, blues to correct the undertone, I'd suggest getting both foundation palettes: the yellow one and the pink one.

Jan 24 13 06:20 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MUA Amanda Fairweather

I got the foundation palette 1&2 , but I heard they reformulated their foundations. Do you guys know if its the same texture?

Jan 24 13 08:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Emper Atrizz

Ljubljana, Osrednjeslovenska, Slovenia

MUD has just reformulate ther foundations from ok to realy great foundations. The texture is now much lighter and with full pigmentation wich is so versitile. There primer is now also silicon based and is makes skin realy smooth. Love the colors of the foundations and a possibility that you have the same colors in creams and in Airbrush foundations wich is also silicon based  foundation and the texture is satin dewy. It is for all skin types not like with Temptu where can some times happen when the skin is oily you can't take of the excessive dewyness. But they are  mixable with Temptu.MUD is getting better and better.

Jan 25 13 04:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MUA Amanda Fairweather

Thank you guys so much for responding. Do you guys preferr the graftobian or MUD foundation palette? I heard graftobian have an amazing foundation along with ben nye. What do you guys think?

Jan 25 13 06:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Brandi Bravo

San Diego, California, US

MUA Amanda Fairweather wrote:
Thank you guys so much for responding. Do you guys preferr the graftobian or MUD foundation palette? I heard graftobian have an amazing foundation along with ben nye. What do you guys think?

I love my MUD palettes! I have 1 and 2 and find them to be incredibly beautiful and versatile. I have a palette by graftobian but it just doesn't cut it like my MUD palettes. I find that graftobian slides easily (even with a primer) and is much less matte than MUD. I personally prefer a foundation that is matte because I have the option of making it more dewy if I mix it with a moisturizer or if I use some kind of dewy finishing spray (I prefer MUFE's mist and fix)

Apr 16 13 09:42 am Link

Makeup Artist

Serena Cook

Seattle, Washington, US

I haven't used the MUD palettes, but I *love* my Graftobian palettes. They're the ones I always reach for because they're really just beautiful.

Apr 16 13 10:24 am Link

Makeup Artist

MA YE

New York, New York, US

I'd personally recommend graftobian over the MUD foundations. They're ok, but they take a lot of work and a lot of thinning down.

Apr 16 13 05:46 pm Link