This thread was locked on 2013-01-31 12:20:54
Forums > Model Colloquy > READY? GO - Models & ETHICS ???

Photographer

Hero Foto

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Why spend time discussing a shoot in depth only to take the entire concept in detail to another photographer to shoot?

Seriously, where's your ethics?

what is going thru your head?

Do you actually think this is okay or common practice?

And wonder why you get blocked or bad mouthed or even black listed when a reference is checked ????

SO not the way to start off your "career" ... good luck and god speed ...

you're gonna need it with this type of behavior ...

Jan 31 13 11:58 am Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

I did?
Whoa.
Whoops.

Jan 31 13 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Hero Foto wrote:
Why spend time discussing a shoot in depth only to take the entire concept in detail to another photographer to shoot?

And wonder why you get blocked or bad mouthed or even black listed when a reference is checked ????

The nerve of some people these days...

Jan 31 13 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

MMR Creative Services

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

Station call. All off board. Train won't go any further. Whoot-Whoot. Locomotive going back to the barn. ~~~~~Steam~~~~~

Jan 31 13 12:11 pm Link

Model

Aah

Los Angeles, California, US

Hero Foto wrote:

Every single concept you can ever imagine has more than likely already been done before, and better. There are common themes that are timeless and appear over and over or trends in art, as well that will always keep popping up. I am almost to the point where I roll my eyes every time I hear someone mention they want their work to look like Helmut Newton.

In the professional world, we use what is called a "non-disclosure agreement" and if it was a huge concept/shoot/idea/script whatever that you would have made millions of dollars off of and you can prove that they financially profited from after taking your specific idea/script/etc, you can sue. I have signed them before meetings with photographers about concepts they wanted to do because they intended to sell it.
Otherwise, if this is for fun chill out. Take it as a friendly competitive challenge, and say "yeah that's cute, but here is my take on it!" and blow them out of the water if you have what it takes.

Jan 31 13 12:12 pm Link

Photographer

Hero Foto

Phoenix, Arizona, US

so far:

IT'S OKAY to use photographers for concepts, details and ideas you have no intention of shooting with ... got it ...

it's the time spent working it out ... yeah, all been done before ... blah, blah, blah

"... friendly competition" ???? ethically corrupt I say ...

using people in this fashion, they should be kicked in the junk ...

Jan 31 13 12:20 pm Link