Forums > Newbie Forum > New To Model Mayhem

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

You seem to not be listening to us or our advice and continue to make excuses in his defence. The bottom line is he gave you an ultimatum and even if he hadn't he still doesn't support your decision to try some modeling.

Again, we are not marriage or relationship counselors, we're photographers. We've told you what we know, we've made some solid points and given sound advice. If you're going to defend him in the same sentence you fault him in, then no one here or anyplace else can help you.

You need to face the reality of your relationship and until you do there's nothing we can say or do to change anything. Additionally, if he considers modeling a "lifestyle change" he needfs to open his eyes as well.

Feb 04 13 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

New Art Photo

Los Angeles, California, US

IMHO
He feels what he feels, you're not going to change his mind. You have to decide which is more important, the modeling or the relationship.

Remember, modeling is a very short term career, and to make any money, you will probably have to do nude or semi-nude modeling. (-- And that sounds like a whole other battle.)

People really don't change much. You have to decide which you have a greater psychic need for: the modeling, or  the relationship.

Feb 04 13 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Pixel Fist

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Kanahara23 wrote:
He keeps telling me it cant be a hobby its a life style change that he is not willing to support...

"... willing to support ..."  !!!  A guy who spends all his time playing video games generally won't have the where-with-all to support anything.
On another front, modeling has facets of creativity and social interaction that a video gamer just doesn't value.  It's disturbing that he has a closed mind and is controlling.  Hon, that's a recipe for unhappiness.

Feb 05 13 01:15 am Link

Model

Genie Cruz

BEECH ISLAND, South Carolina, US

ok so after reading that, i had to chime in. first you make it seem like he has a gaming problem.
then you make it seem like its his job. Its either on or the other. yes maybe your upset that he wont support you in your wish to become a model but there's no need to make up excuses if your going to bash him right off the block!

seems like the two of you have some priorities to straighten out before you even make it to the alter. I was in your situation at one point. young and engaged. when your with someone and they love you 100% they don't give you ultimatums... "do this or I'll leave you"

that right there is a HUGE SIGN, Red flags, a loved one will NEVER give you an ultimatum like that. Threaten to leave you because you want to do something you want to do. your young and afraid he'll actually do what he says he'll do if you try. let me guess, you live in HIS house? your afraid that if he leaves you'll be stuck with no where to go.
I've been there done that! i was young and dumb once, but its up to you to smarten up and know that being in an abusive relationship doesn't necessarily mean its hitting or yelling involved. Emotional abusive relationships are far worse and they happen more in younger aged relationships. He's basically controlling you, telling you you cant do something. throwing out shallow threats if you do, and you OBEY!

i may sound kinda harsh right now, but its reality hunny and if you think that what you are in is a "HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP" then you need just as much help as he does!

best of luck to you in your choices in life. It seems like you aren't taking anyone on here's advice anyway!

Feb 05 13 06:19 am Link

Model

Laci V

High Point, North Carolina, US

Kanahara23 wrote:
I really want to do modeling but my fiance says he doesn't want to.
Is there a way around it?

First, does he have a special interest that he does on a regular basis? If so, explain to him, you support him in the things he wants to do and you are your own person. He does not own you. And that he should support you in the interests that you have. Everybody views modeling as though, you'll be taking your clothes off for everyone. That's not even the case. Sounds to me that you two need to sit down and have a long talk about where your looking to go with your modeling career and what he wants in life down the road. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't do something. Myself, that just makes me want to do it even more!

Feb 05 13 06:58 am Link