Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Hair and skin health care

Model

Milosev Branko

Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia

Hi everybody! Guess what, I need help! big_smile

My skin and hair is dry, plus I am sportsman and I sweat a lot, I often train outdoor so wind, Sun, temperature... does extra damage. I would like someone to advice me. I would like to hear your experience whit some product or method that helped you whit hydration and protection of your skin and hair.
And, I would like to know if some products can make any damage(such as some hairstyle or cosmetic product), cause I can say i'm a bit paranoid... hmm

I am professional sportsman and I'm studying Sport Science, so if you need some advice on fat lost, muscle grow, etc. I will be glad to help. smile

Thanks advance, peace!

Feb 04 13 04:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KC hmua

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Dobar dan!

Its really difficult to get into specifics when so much of hair and skin is being able to analyze in person so i will keep it general.

When the hair or skin is over processed, dry from elements, dry from lack of oil secretion due to age, hormones etc, the best way short of cutting the damage from your hair is to nourish it with good oils. Same with the skin, a good exfoliation and a nourishing oil treatment always works wonders unless you are sensitive in which you need to be more selective in your choices.

basic good ingredients- avacado oil, jojoba oil, moroccan argan oil, shea butter, anything that is a cold pressed (not heated or chemically treated) oil is nourishing.

basic bad ingredients- silicones, any kind of petroleum based oil, mineral oil, baby oil, any kind of cooking oil, parabens.

Another thing is looking into protective sprays and creams that act as a barrier on your hair and skin to prevent it from getting damage, think like sunscreen, there are many products on the market for hair to protect from sun wind and snow exposure.

Feb 04 13 04:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

House of Westenra

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Hair: Conditioner!  Do a Leave-In once a week

Skin: Sunscreen!  And lotion, both on face and body. Every day! Neutrogena makes a line just for men.

Exfoliate!  You can make your own with sugar (any sugar will do) and lemon juice.  Exfoliate the face and the body (feels good, I find). 

And don't forget to hydrate! Especially with your training and sweating.  Lots of water!  And eat good oils (olive oil, grape seed oil, nut oils) to nourish inside and out.

That is the best I can do without a direct observation.

Feb 05 13 01:58 pm Link

Model

Milosev Branko

Thanks girls! smile
And one more question, what can I use to stop wrinkles? Have you used something for it?

Feb 05 13 03:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

House of Westenra

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Milosev Branko wrote:
Thanks girls! smile
And one more question, what can I use to stop wrinkles? Have you used something for it?

See above.  Apply, cycle, repeat. smile Get enough sleep!

Feb 06 13 05:37 pm Link

Model

Milosev Branko

Aha, so it's the same thing. big_smile
Thanks once again!

Feb 07 13 02:30 pm Link