Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Android help

Hey gang, I'm hoping someone out there might have run into this problem and be able to suggest a fix.

I use a Galaxy Note I (AT&T unlocked running on T-Mobile)  Android version 4.0.4

I seem to be unable to save emails beyond one week old. After seven days, they just get eliminated.

I've gone into Accounts and Sync>sync settings>preferences and there is nowhere to select a "save all mail" choice or something like that.

My email is a *****@cox.net type of account.

Yes, I've deleted and re-added the email account a couple times and done a factory reset a couple times.

It just seems a little whacky that they would make a device where you can't save all your emails so I figure I HAVE to be missing something somewhere.

Yes, I searched some Android forums and others have had this problem but no one seemed to have a fix.

Yes, I've called T-Mobile and Samsung and they both suggested the factory reset as a last resort but to no avail.

Anyone in M/M land have any ideas?

Thanks

Feb 19 13 08:34 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

which email app are you using? is it the default app that comes with the note?

go over to the android forums, locate your phones forum and post it there. i'm sure it's an imap issue, but your specific email app will need to be considered.

http://androidforums.com/

neither tmobile nor samsung will be any help. call your isp,they might have the answer.

one quick fix (temporary, until you figure it out) is to make a gmail account, and have the mail forwarded to that. the stock email apps on phones are usually pretty weak. there are plenty of alternatives for the android os. i'm still betting it's an imap problem.

Feb 19 13 09:13 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

Hi GK,
Yes, it's the email app that came with the phone.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check that out.

Yes, I can log into my cox.net account and check old emails from there
so there is a workaround (like Gmail) but I'd rather have it on the phone.
Much faster that way.

Thanks!!

Feb 19 13 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

I'm going to try the K-9 mail app and see how that works.

Feb 19 13 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Wicked Photos

New York, New York, US

hmm i think i had this problem too.

for awhile, the emails would get sent to trash for some odd reason. turns out, they were tagged the wrong way. how? i dont know. but i was using gmail, not a 3rd party one. i ended up going into gmail and playing with settings and got it back in order

Feb 19 13 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

rmcapturing

San Francisco, California, US

For gmail, it only syncs the last 30 days for me. I never looked whether I could change it, but I don't really need it to sync any more than that.

I do use the K9 e-mail app for my main email address. That should do it for you if you can't find a way to change the setting on the stock app.

Feb 19 13 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

ChiMo wrote:

k-9 is good. the stock mail apps are pretty weak usually. and gmail isn't really a viable option if you don't use them for your mail, although google is a great contact manager.

Feb 19 13 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Check how much space you have left?

Feb 19 13 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich II

Strangekitty wrote:
Check how much space you have left?

Tons of space left.

Feb 19 13 10:19 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

ChiMo wrote:

GK photo wrote:
k-9 is good. the stock mail apps are pretty weak usually. and gmail isn't really a viable option if you don't use them for your mail, although google is a great contact manager.

K-9 seems to be working out.
Thanks for the help, GK.

Feb 23 13 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

ChiMo wrote:

ChiMo wrote:
K-9 seems to be working out. Thanks for the help, GK.

any time.

Feb 23 13 10:03 pm Link