Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > What would you improve about Wacom tablets?

Photographer

VitorJacinto

Liège, Liège, Belgium

I almost never use the keyboard anymore with my Intuos5
Have all the shortcuts with gestures with StrokesPlus

www.vitorjacinto.be

Mar 25 13 03:59 am Link

Photographer

Oscar Partida

Palm Springs, California, US

A-M-P wrote:
Long lasting tips I have a bamboo  and the tips wore down rather quickly and I don't even use it daily.

so true !!

Mar 31 13 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Liquid Lace Studios

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia

Oscar Partida wrote:

so true !!

Something you may want to try as long as you're not a die hard tablet user that has to have the tablet surface feel like paper.

I use a single sheet of overhead transparency film on the working area of my Intuos4 Med tablet, It's wrapped from under the top edge of the tablet to the bottom edge of the tablet and taped off underneath.
For this to work properly you need to keep good tension on the film as you wrap it round the tablet and tape off.

Once done, the pen stylus just glides over the surface with no wear, the only thing you have to replace is the film when it gets heavily marked.

Mar 31 13 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

Ev Murkov

New York, New York, US

I know it has been in discussion for a little while but an actual mobile cintiq in the 13 inch range would be perfect.....or, at the very least....one that only uses 1 cable to connect (without all the additional hardware) AND doesn't require you to shut your computer down when disconnecting.

Apr 01 13 09:44 pm Link

Retoucher

a k mac

London, England, United Kingdom

I previously said that I don't use for the tablet buttons, but there are two that I occasionally use, which are set for Alt/Opt and the Hand tool. Sometimes I use them for a minute or so when I start to get a strain from long, repetitive work. It means I can keep working without having to stop to rest and loosen up my hand and wrist.

Apr 01 13 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

RovagoPhoto

Roanoke, Virginia, US

Has anyone tried one of these from Monoprice? I haven't used a pad before and heard some good things about these. I bought one as an inexpensive way to try my hand at it and just got it last week. So far, just doodling with it, it does what they claim...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subde … ccessories

Apr 04 13 05:55 am Link

Photographer

Phat40 Studio

Hewlett, New York, US

Liquid Lace Studios wrote:

Something you may want to try as long as you're not a die hard tablet user that has to have the tablet surface feel like paper.

I use a single sheet of overhead transparency film on the working area of my Intuos4 Med tablet, It's wrapped from under the top edge of the tablet to the bottom edge of the tablet and taped off underneath.
For this to work properly you need to keep good tension on the film as you wrap it round the tablet and tape off.

Once done, the pen stylus just glides over the surface with no wear, the only thing you have to replace is the film when it gets heavily marked.

You may want to look at this protector:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacom-Intuos-5-Touch-Large-Pen-Tablet-Surface-Cover-/180972816072?pt=US_Graphics_Tablets_Boards_Pens&hash=item2a22d206c8

Apr 04 13 08:20 am Link