Forums > Newbie Forum > Tony Anderson LA & NY

Model

Elinor van Heeckeren

Columbus, Ohio, US

Hi there,

No clue if this is the right place to post this, but I need to ask this somewhere!

I was contacted a while ago through my facebook page. The guy - a photographer called Tony Anderson - said he'd found me through this site and looked me up on FB, that he didn't have an account here anymore. We talked for a while about potentially shooting - but he was in LA (& NY, it was never clear to me which). He wanted to shoot nudes, which I'm totally okay with, and asked for some nude photos. Also basically okay, so kind of sketchy.

Then when we were finally about to shoot, he deleted me on FB and blocked me.

Obviously it could be that he changed his mind or that I said something to offend, in which case this should be ignored and probably deleted! BUT the whole saga was so drawn out and strange, I thought I'd ask whether anybody had shot with this guy and if he's a cool guy and I just rubbed him the wrong way, or if he's actually a creep and to-be-avoided?

If this is an innappopriate question to post, please just delete it (I apologize!).  Also if you know him and are not comfortable responding publicly, feel free to message me.

Apr 07 13 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

salvatori.

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Hard to tell. But read through this and it will help for the next time:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/education/u … the-basics

Apr 07 13 12:12 pm Link

Model

Elinor van Heeckeren

Columbus, Ohio, US

Okay thanks. It def wasn't a financial scam. Or I'm pretty sure, at least. I think he just wanted pictures. Ugh!

Apr 07 13 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Marin Photo NYC

New York, New York, US

Sounds to me like he just wanted to see your nudes, he got them and now he is gone.

Apr 07 13 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

salvatori.

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Elinor van Heeckeren wrote:
Okay thanks. It def wasn't a financial scam. Or I'm pretty sure, at least. I think he just wanted pictures. Ugh!

Well, sorry I didn't send you to the right place. Even still, just outing the guy on here (even though he doesn't have an account) is pretty lame.

And yeah, maybe he just wanted to see you naked, but it seems like a lot of hassle to go through considering there's about 2 billion nude pics on the 'net.

Apr 07 13 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

maybe he was looking for a relationship instead of a photo shoot? why would a photographer in LA (or NY) pay to fly out a newbie model? don't they have plenty to choose from where they live?

i'd say just shrug it off and move on to the next shoot. don't let it rattle you.

Apr 07 13 01:24 pm Link

Model

echo55

San Francisco, California, US

This person contacted me as well and asking me for shooting with paid travel to LA and i replied for my safety please contact my agency then he replied no thanks and good luck....kinda sketchy and dunno what he wanted to do

Aug 04 14 02:39 pm Link

Model

Sara Lou

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Basically same story. He contacted me about shooting. I emailed a few people he had shot with to see if he was legit. Some said he's great. Some said he's kind of creepy. One said he took his pants off during the shoot (without asking or any kind of forewarning)!

Oct 25 14 03:34 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

In NY and LA you cant throw a rock without hitting a model
Flying peeps in from Oh seems off
But feel free to send me photos
tongue

Oct 25 14 02:24 pm Link