Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Wardrobe Styling Workshops

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm thinking about going to wardrobe stylist workshop for the second time when my semester at school is over but I wanted to see what some other stylist had to say.Do you guys think it is necessary?

Apr 20 13 02:46 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Tiffany_B

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Alannah J wrote:
I'm thinking about going to wardrobe stylist workshop for the second time when my semester at school is over but I wanted to see what some other stylist had to say.Do you guys think it is necessary?

My solid advice is to consider what you got out of the workshop the first time around and if it was worth the money that you spent on it and then make the decision because ultimately only you can decide if it's necessary for your professional journey. I'd focus on why you'd be going and what you'd hope to learn.

In the event that this workshop is meant to "teach" you how to style, I think it would be a complete waste of time in the sense that in order to be truly good at what you do, you need to have an inherent sense of it. Consider that whoever is heading the workshop isn't going to be with you on set in the event that you have to improvise because the model provided the wrong measurements, a designer provided you with a stained garment or the photographer/client had a change in vision that you need to implement.

However, in the event that you're going to network or to learn how to do things that you may not know relative to altering purchased pieces etc. then it may be worth it...

Apr 21 13 09:02 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

yeah that is true.

Apr 21 13 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

liddellphoto

London, England, United Kingdom

Not a workshop but 'Mastering Fashion Styling' by Jo Dingemans may be worth a read. I'm a photog but read it to learn and found it very informative about how that side of things works.

Apr 22 13 02:08 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Styled by Aurora Blu

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Does anyone know of anything like this in Phoenix, Arizona?

Apr 25 13 01:31 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Alannah The Stylist

Try visiting http://www.crystalwrightlive.com/ I know she has some workshop dvds and she has a lot of information and tips too.

Apr 25 13 05:38 pm Link