Forums > MM Market > Photo Gear > WTB: film scanner

Photographer

global vision

Bowling Green, Ohio, US

looking for a film scanner that has a good dynamic range and high dpi.  need it to work on leopard and snow leopard...or have software available so that it can work on the later macs.
only needs to scan 35mm, but of course med format might come in handy sometime too
thanks

Apr 21 13 09:36 am Link

Photographer

Light and Lens Studio

Sisters, Oregon, US

If you want to scan medium and large format as well, then the Epson V700 is an excellent value.  I've seen them as low as $525 from BH  Scans negs, prints, and 35mm slides (chromes).  I have one of these and it is really excellent.

If you only want to scan 35mm, then you can save money with a high end 35mm.  I'm not familiar with the best brands of those.

Apr 21 13 09:46 am Link

Photographer

global vision

Bowling Green, Ohio, US

Light and Lens Studio wrote:
If you want to scan medium and large format as well, then the Epson V700 is an excellent value.  I've seen them as low as $525 from BH  Scans negs, prints, and 35mm slides (chromes).  I have one of these and it is really excellent.

If you only want to scan 35mm, then you can save money with a high end 35mm.  I'm not familiar with the best brands of those.

i bought a v500 yesterday and all the scans are VERY soft. completely unusable, so i am not real keen on the flatbed idea at this point. you havent had any problems with the images being soft?

Apr 21 13 10:29 am Link

Photographer

BCADULTART

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I have an extra CanoScan FS 4000us, if you are interested
let me know.

Chuck

Apr 22 13 01:30 pm Link