Forums > Model Colloquy > Sick of being cutesy

Photographer

Ruben Sanchez

San Antonio, Texas, US

M a r l o w wrote:
I'm at a crossroads where I like what work I've done, but I desperately want to do shoots that are way more overtly sexual or fetish-oriented. Problem is, I don't know how to book them, and no one seems to want to book me for them! How do I break into that kind of work?

When you get booked for your next shoot, after the photographer tells you want he wants to do, tell the photographer what you also want to do, and that you want to be overtly sexual or fetish-oriented.  I'm sure the photographer will say "Yes!".

Best of luck.

Sep 07 13 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Camerosity

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

M a r l o w wrote:
I'm at a crossroads where I like what work I've done, but I desperately want to do shoots that are way more overtly sexual or fetish-oriented. Problem is, I don't know how to book them, and no one seems to want to book me for them! How do I break into that kind of work?

Ruben Sanchez wrote:
When you get booked for your next shoot, after the photographer tells you want he wants to do, tell the photographer what you also want to do, and that you want to be overtly sexual or fetish-oriented.  I'm sure the photographer will say "Yes!".

But will he do it well?

Sep 08 13 12:41 am Link

Model

Marlow Rae

Seattle, Washington, US

Camerosity wrote:

M a r l o w wrote:

But will he do it well?

There is a lot of truth to this.

Sep 09 13 08:39 am Link

Model

V Nixie

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm going to skip all this and send you a message and see if you have gotten the answers that you needed already or if they fell flat. I have had issues of this nature in the past as well but figured out quite a few options to fix the problems.

Sep 10 13 01:12 am Link

Model

Love_mya

Rockbank, Victoria, Australia

FBY1K wrote:

I wouldn't waste time there unless you know exactly what you want.

FBY1K

Im on fetlife! but you have to be really careful with who you accept work from there, as there is many people in the lifestyle. If you do go there, make sure you write someone on your bio that you are a model only and doing it for modeling!..

Sep 16 13 07:32 am Link

Model

Love_mya

Rockbank, Victoria, Australia

maybe get some List happening on your portfolio of all the images that you like to create, sometimes having a list of ideas is a starting point in getting people's interest to work with you.

Sep 16 13 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You have to look at all the photographers in your area that shoot the type of work that you want. Then you can try to get them to collaborate with you. However, you need to have an offering that they value. I have very little interest in shooting glamour, so a model that has only glamour in her port will get very little attention from me. You might even have to pay a photographer that shoots the style that you want. I think it is a fair service. Personally, I have no problem paying models that have a unique look, strong emotional presence, wanting to do something wild or networking that will improve my work. I have many model that would be happy to do TF with me, but I have to choose whatever is going to provide me the greatest benefit.

Sep 16 13 07:49 am Link

Photographer

zaxpix

New Brunswick, New Jersey, US

M a r l o w wrote:

Erase your present profile text and replace it with the above, verbatim.

Problem solved.

Z.

Sep 16 13 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Will_DB

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

FBY1K wrote:

I wouldn't waste time there unless you know exactly what you want.

FBY1K

Heh, after hearing it mentioned on here many times, curiosity got the better of me and I signed up. Know just what you mean about it being a time-suck ; P

Sep 17 13 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

RTE Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Search through the photographer in your area and try to find some whose work you like. Contact them and offer to work with them. That will at least get you started and maybe get you in contact with others in your area with similar interests.

Sep 17 13 05:31 pm Link