Forums > Critique > What is my Portfolio Lacking?

Model

Adelina Feldman-Schultz

New York, New York, US

As an actress first, most of my portfolios consist of headshots and similar photos. I just added some new shots, and would love some feedback on the stuff I already have, and what I need to gain a more competitive edge! Looking for serious constructive criticism on both my look, and my portfolio in general. Thanks in advance!

Sep 14 13 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

Adelina Feldman-Schultz wrote:
As an actress first, most of my portfolios consist of headshots and similar photos. I just added some new shots, and would love some feedback on the stuff I already have, and what I need to gain a more competitive edge! Looking for serious constructive criticism on both my look, and my portfolio in general. Thanks in advance!

First, remove the third person rhetoric from your profile. It makes you seem... uppity.

You're right. You have lots of headshots. Post casting calls for the other genres you list...fitness, lifestyle, glamour, swimwear, etc. Get some nice themed shoots going. Show half, three quarter and full length shots in your port. Do something other than a blank background with lots of different poses and settings. Work with only great photographers that make you look great, even if you have to pay a few of them until you get better and more diverse photos which let you charge for your time and talent.

You list your race as hispanic. Do a cultural shoot. You have a great girl next door look. You have great long hair. Use it. Run with it.

Good luck.

Sep 14 13 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

GNapp Studios

Somerville, New Jersey, US

You are beautiful and could have a lot of amazing looks but your port is terrible.  This is the only good shot in it.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110907/21/4e6848b953fdf_m.jpg

You are an actress and this is the only shot that shows some acting ability.  You have to push your actress theme.  In the acting field you must know a MUA yet the rest of your poses have little or no makeup.

The clothes you wear are also plain.  They look just like everyone else might be wearing on the street, not a model's clothes.

Upgrade your shots and you will succeed.

Sep 14 13 02:32 pm Link