Forums > Photography Talk > space 4 shoots

Photographer

JeffTabb Photography

Brooklyn, New York, US

Has anyone recently worked with them? I haven't used them in a year or two since they changed locations, but the owner refuses to disclose the address and floor of the studio until he gets a deposit. I find that REALLY weird.

Jan 12 14 09:34 am Link

Photographer

eos3_300

Brooklyn, New York, US

JeffTabb Photography wrote:
Has anyone recently worked with them? I haven't used them in a year or two since they changed locations, but the owner refuses to disclose the address and floor of the studio until he gets a deposit. I find that REALLY weird.

Drop off the deposit in person so you can inspect the setup

Jan 12 14 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

eos3_300 wrote:

Drop off the deposit in person so you can inspect the setup

Tough to do if he won't give the address until he gets the deposit.

Jan 12 14 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

eos3_300

Brooklyn, New York, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

Tough to do if he won't give the address until he gets the deposit.

Arrange to drop off the deposit in person

Jan 12 14 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

Mikey McMichaels

New York, New York, US

Sounds like they might be subletting and don't want their clients bypassing them.

Jan 12 14 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Howell Tearsheets

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

Google shows their address. Not sure why the owner wouldn't. You could likely figure out the floor from building directory.

Jan 13 14 04:58 am Link

Photographer

S4S Photography

New York, New York, US

Has anyone recently worked with them? I haven''t used them in a year or two since they changed locations, but the owner refuses to disclose the address and floor of the studio until he gets a deposit. I find that REALLY weird.

Hey Jeff,

Just came across this thread for the first time.   So how was it using our studio in January?  We''ve moved since to a larger space (6 shoots spaces including a 760 sq ft daylight studio).  Some BTS clips from the new location can be see on our instagram

The reason we don''t provide exact address is to avoid people showing up unannounced and potentially distracting shoots in progress.  Clients appreciate that.

Dec 23 14 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

RED flag. Sounds like a scam. Don''t walk away. Run away.

Dec 23 14 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Fletcher

Norman, Oklahoma, US

terrysphotocountry wrote:
RED flag. Sounds like a scam. Don''t walk away. Run away.

What he said.

Dec 24 14 11:02 am Link

Photographer

Denys Trofimchuk

Brooklyn, New York, US

space4shoots is an excellent place! one of the cheapest in NYC, great location, great service. Totally recommend!

Dec 24 14 09:21 pm Link