Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Central Florida Chit Chat Number One...

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
I'm actually doing a shoot today...

Slow up FL  .  .  .  you're makin' the rest of us look lazy  .  .  .  wink  Hope it goes well  .  .  .

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, something tropical ta drink  .  .  .  mojitos all around  .  .  .  wink

https://i.axs.com/2014/09/promoted-media-optimized_542afab791045.jpg

SOS

Jun 20 17 07:32 am Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

I'll drink to that!

sospix wrote:

Slow up FL  .  .  .  you're makin' the rest of us look lazy  .  .  .  wink  Hope it goes well  .  .  .

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, something tropical ta drink  .  .  .  mojitos all around  .  .  .  wink

https://i.axs.com/2014/09/promoted-media-optimized_542afab791045.jpg

SOS

Jun 20 17 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles Howse wrote:
I'll drink to that!

Tasty, AND good for you  .  .  .  da limes keep da rickets away  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jun 21 17 07:06 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

...or maybe a Tom Collins on a hot day like today. Mmm, refreshing...
https://images.amcnetworks.com/amctv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/tomcollins-590x375.jpg

Doing a shoot tomorrow at Playalinda. Then I have two more shoots next week!! I haven't done this much shooting since TICO and Sun n Fun! I'm gonna be slap wore out...

Jun 21 17 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Doing a shoot tomorrow at Playalinda. Then I have two more shoots next week!! I haven't done this much shooting since TICO and Sun n Fun! I'm gonna be slap wore out...

So, where are the Playalinda pics?

Jun 23 17 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Charles Howse wrote:

So, where are the Playalinda pics?

Still need to edit them.

Jun 23 17 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Page two already?

I'll blow my own horn while dragging the thread back from second page status... 

I was interviewed for a short video documentary, by Jesse James Allen, and the video has been picked up by PETA Pixel, DP Review and SLR Lounge

Last time I looked it had over 14,000 views on Vimeo

SLR Lounge

Vimeo

DPReview

PETA Pixel

DIY Photography

Jul 09 17 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles Howse wrote:
Page two already?

I'll blow my own horn while dragging the thread back from second page status... 

I was interviewed for a short video documentary, by Jesse James Allen, and the video has been picked up by PETA Pixel, DP Review and SLR Lounge

Last time I looked it had over 14,000 views on Vimeo

SLR Lounge

Vimeo

DPReview

PETA Pixel

DIY Photography

Nicely done Mr. H, your protege (JJA) and you turned out a very thoughtful and insightful piece  .  .  .  I found it very interesting that someone with a technical background has "seen the light" and let themselves enjoy the creative side of image making, not always an easy thing to do, kudos  .  .  .  being one that tries every button, pushes every new toy to the max, and then tries to figure out how any of that may enhance my mind's eye view of what I'm trying to produce (having done many years as a video and AV designer and producer for companies like Media Design, Image Stream, Industrial Light & Magic, Disney and many, many others, it took me awhile to get back to the enjoyment that the pure creative side of things can provide)  .  .  .  next time I'm down in Vero, maybe we can sneak away to the back nook bar at the Ocean Grille, and regale each other with old war stories  .  .  .  I'm betting we did work for some of the same people back in the "olden times"  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 10 17 06:59 am Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

The current count is approaching 24,000.

I'd love to trade war stories! Let me know when. Or even other locations --- they haven't taken away my driver license yet, an my wife still allows me to drive a few miles. cocoa to St Lucie is good...

sospix wrote:

Nicely done Mr. H, your protege (JJA) and you turned out a very thoughtful and insightful piece  .  .  .  I found it very interesting that someone with a technical background has "seen the light" and let themselves enjoy the creative side of image making, not always an easy thing to do, kudos  .  .  .  being one that tries every button, pushes every new toy to the max, and then tries to figure out how any of that may enhance my mind's eye view of what I'm trying to produce (having done many years as a video and AV designer and producer for companies like Media Design, Image Stream, Industrial Light & Magic, Disney and many, many others, it took me awhile to get back to the enjoyment that the pure creative side of things can provide)  .  .  .  next time I'm down in Vero, maybe we can sneak away to the back nook bar at the Ocean Grille, and regale each other with old war stories  .  .  .  I'm betting we did work for some of the same people back in the "olden times"  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 10 17 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles Howse wrote:
The current count is approaching 24,000.

I'd love to trade war stories! Let me know when. Or even other locations --- they haven't taken away my driver license yet, an my wife still allows me to drive a few miles. cocoa to St Lucie is good...

Havin' old codgers like us on da road makes it more excitin' for everyone  .  .  .  wink  I'm down that way about once or twice a month, I'll let ya know next time I'm in town  .  .  .

SOS

Jul 12 17 06:59 am Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Yo yo yo....................... hi smile

Jul 18 17 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
Yo yo yo....................... hi smile

Well, yoooooooooooo, to you too Mr. K  .  .  .  wink  Likin' the new B&W's, and the colours on this one are really came out beautifully  .  .  .

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170707/01/595f40ac86055.jpg

.  .  .  great stuff!!!!

SOS

Jul 19 17 07:10 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

...feelings of inadequacy are increasing...

Jul 19 17 07:44 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

...feelings of inadequacy are increasing...

Lookin' at Mr. K's stuff does that to all of us FL  .  .  .  wink  Course he has to endure shootin' beautiful models and beautiful sunsets in beautiful spots  .  .  .  must be unbearable  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 19 17 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Lookin' at Mr. K's stuff does that to all of us FL  .  .  .  wink  Course he has to endure shootin' beautiful models and beautiful sunsets in beautiful spots  .  .  .  must be unbearable  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Yeah. Tough duty, eh?

Jul 19 17 11:46 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Yeah. Tough duty, eh?

I don't know how he puts up with it all  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 19 17 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

...like herding cats, as you all well know...haha. But than ya...swing on over and join us for some beach frolicking when ya get a chance...

Jul 21 17 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Just heard that the poster I finished for my dear, departed friend (Al Carroll) for the 2017 Winter Park Art Festival won the PAF award for best poster in the 2017 Florida Print Awards  .  .  .  sometimes even an old grouch like me can do sumethin' kinda nice  .  .  .  wink  Really means a lot to his wife and daughter, both were integral parts in completing the project  .  .  .

SOS

Jul 27 17 12:15 pm Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

Kudos SOS. This makes me happy.

Jul 27 17 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Damn, S. There is goodness left in the world. Where can we see the poster?

Jul 27 17 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Damn, S. There is goodness left in the world. Where can we see the poster?

I think it's on their website, www.wpsaf.org  .  .  .  the design came out pretty well, it was used in a multitude of situations and various products  .  .  .  I think even Al would have been okay with the results  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 27 17 01:00 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Very cool..congrats

Jul 28 17 12:11 am Link

Photographer

OrlandoGlamour

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

This thread was at the bottom of the page... so I thought I'd give it a bit of a lift back to the top.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Aug 05 17 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

OrlandoGlamour wrote:
This thread was at the bottom of the page... so I thought I'd give it a bit of a lift back to the top.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Appreciate the boost. Now we're livin' the dream...

Aug 05 17 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Saturday night check-in...hope everybody's having a great weekend

Aug 06 17 12:56 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Good lord, who knew you could git THIS danged old  .  .  .  wink  I'm "surviving" yet another BDay  .  .  .  course bein' at da Abaco Inn is easin' da pain jest a bit  .  .  . 

https://www.abacoinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/12345.jpg

SOS

Aug 08 17 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

When you've used up as many birthdays as me, then you're old, til then -- get off my lawn ya damn kids!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c1/66/5d/c1665d017098aaf73f4290423778b25e.jpg

Aug 08 17 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

When you've used up as many birthdays as me, then you're old, til then -- get off my lawn ya damn kids!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c1/66/5d/c1665d017098aaf73f4290423778b25e.jpg

Ya old fart  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Aug 10 17 06:50 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Ya old fart  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Yeah, but my farts smell like roses!!

https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/sites/default/files/media/WT%20roses_0.jpg

Aug 10 17 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
Good lord, who knew you could git THIS danged old  .  .  .  wink  I'm "surviving" yet another BDay  .  .  .  course bein' at da Abaco Inn is easin' da pain jest a bit  .  .  . 

SOS

Well ain't that a quaint little shack to be hangin' out in...nice

Aug 10 17 11:31 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Yeah, but my farts smell like roses!!

https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/sites/default/files/media/WT%20roses_0.jpg

I'll take yer woid for it FL  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Aug 10 17 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:

Well ain't that a quaint little shack to be hangin' out in...nice

There are definitely worse places to be "forced" to stay at  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Aug 10 17 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

SOS

Is there a fallout shelter nearby?

Aug 11 17 06:31 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Is there a fallout shelter nearby?

I usually jest hide under da bar  .  .  .  that way I can protect da rhum  .  .  .  wink  At least it ain't on Guam  .  .  .

SOS

Aug 11 17 06:39 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

I usually jest hide under da bar  .  .  .  that way I can protect da rhum  .  .  .  wink  At least it ain't on Guam  .  .  .

SOS

My brother. Bryan, was a B-52 crew chief at Andersen back in the 80s.

Aug 11 17 11:17 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

My brother. Bryan, was a B-52 crew chief at Andersen back in the 80s.

It's a B-1 base now I think  .  .  .

https://www.wsws.org/asset/9804bc56-6dc7-4d94-b78d-af3d143e4f4J/image.jpg?rendition=image480

.  .  .  hard to imagine one plane can deliver that much destruction, so quickly  .  .  .

SOS

Aug 11 17 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

After Guam, my brother went to Grand Forks AFB and sat there for a year waiting for B-1B's to arrive. They never did. Now Grand Forks and Barksdale are the two homes for some 90 B-52's. His four years were up so he got out and went to work for Boeing out in Mesa, AZ. For the last 25+ years he has been involved with the Apache Longbow helicopter. He'd like to go back to Guam and visit Andersen some day, that is if two overweight flap-jaws don't incinerate the island first.

As I understand it, when the last B-2 Stealth bomber is delivered to Davis Monthan AFB for desert storage, the crew will fly home on a B-52!

Aug 11 17 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

So, we did a thing πŸ™‚ Elle U.K. Sept edition...big thanks to the collab with Copacabana and fabulous Mariah Rivera!
Repost @copacabana_beachwear (@get_repost)
・・・
MOMMA we made it!! βœ¨πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜±
Sooo happy and stoked for the feature of @Copacabana_Beachwear in ELLE Magazine! September Edition!! With one of our favorite models @caradelevingne πŸ‘πŸ»on the cover! πŸ’₯
---
This reflects our hard work, long nights and dedication ✨in building something for the world to enjoy. We are so very thankful for our customers and for everyone's support. πŸ™πŸ™ Thank you! @elleuk @elleusa for this feature!! ----
Special thanks to our amazing photographer @koryophoto and Copacabana babe & model @mariahrivera_

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170819/02/599801a00b8c7.jpg

Aug 19 17 02:18 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Koryo Photography wrote:
So, we did a thing πŸ™‚ Elle U.K. Sept edition...big thanks to the collab with Copacabana and fabulous Mariah Rivera!
Repost @copacabana_beachwear (@get_repost)
・・・
MOMMA we made it!! βœ¨πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜±
Sooo happy and stoked for the feature of @Copacabana_Beachwear in ELLE Magazine! September Edition!! With one of our favorite models @caradelevingne πŸ‘πŸ»on the cover! πŸ’₯
---
This reflects our hard work, long nights and dedication ✨in building something for the world to enjoy. We are so very thankful for our customers and for everyone's support. πŸ™πŸ™ Thank you! @elleuk @elleusa for this feature!! ----
Special thanks to our amazing photographer @koryophoto and Copacabana babe & model @mariahrivera_

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170819/02/599801a00b8c7.jpg

Great stuff, congrats Mr. K  .  .  .

SOS

Aug 19 17 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Koryo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

sospix wrote:
Great stuff, congrats Mr. K  .  .  .

SOS

Thanks...woulda been nice if a check or a bottle of something good was attached, but I'll take it...

Aug 19 17 11:10 pm Link