Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > First Self-Published book now complete.

Photographer

Frisson Art

Shreveport, Louisiana, US

"Anonymous" is a collection of glamour/art-nude pictures primarily featuring women who would otherwise be too scared to model if they could be recognized.

Sixty images, thirty-eight women, and a lot of hard work and courage.

http://www.frissonart.com/anonymous/index.htm

Feb 17 14 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Sounds like an interesting project that came to an end...

Congratulations and hope you'll sell many copies! smile

Feb 19 14 05:48 am Link

Photographer

J Haggerty

Augusta, Georgia, US

Oooh, nice concept. Congratulations on the book!

Feb 20 14 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Congrats! Book publishing is a lot of work I bet.

Feb 20 14 12:55 pm Link

Model

HeyHeather

Houston, Texas, US

very intriguing and unique idea!! love it smile

Feb 22 14 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Frisson Art

Thank you everyone. I would have responded sooner but the notifications thing doesn't appear to be working.

Selling lots of copies would be great but the prime objective was getting it done. I'm a happy man.

Terry

Mar 12 14 07:54 pm Link

Model

Jag Singh

Modesto, California, US

Congrats!!! smile

Mar 12 14 11:04 pm Link

Photographer

Frisson Art

Jag Singh wrote:
Congrats!!! smile

Thank you big_smile

Mar 13 14 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Frisson Art wrote:
"Anonymous" is a collection of glamour/art-nude pictures primarily featuring women who would otherwise be too scared to model if they could be recognized.

Sixty images, thirty-eight women, and a lot of hard work and courage.

http://www.frissonart.com/anonymous/index.htm

Well done and congrats. smile

I'd love to hear the background story to it all.

Mar 13 14 09:43 am Link

Photographer

barepixels

San Diego, California, US

Congrats and wish you many sales.

Mar 13 14 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Frisson Art

Drew Smith Photography wrote:

Well done and congrats. smile

I'd love to hear the background story to it all.

The story

If you search for nude models in a hundred mile radius of where I live (ZIP 71104) you will find only 28 models, including the ones who are no longer modeling. Many of the non-nude models and the people I know socially had the same story, "I would love to do art-nudes but I'd be scared in case my father/pastor/boss/grand-mother saw them".

Basically in this part of the USA an art-nude model is viewed as a sex worker and would be treated as such by many.

After a while I began to ask people how they would feel about posing if their identity was hidden, face covered, tattoos photo-shopped out etc, and lots of them said they would be more than happy to do it then.

I wanted to do more than just some pictures here and there, and I wanted to give the volunteers an incentive or greater reward than just some pictures posted on the internet, so I decided to turn these images into a book.

None of the images (except the cover photo) have been posted on the internet before and each volunteer had the right to withdraw their pictures up to the time of publication (two of them did).

The end result I think is something the women should be very proud of.

http://www.blurb.com/b/5167545-anonymous

Mar 22 14 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

Fred Greissing

Los Angeles, California, US

It's a very nice idea. You should continue. It is so sad that nudity is so frowned on
in this country. What is the safest part of it is that the problem comes from disrespect of women. I have lived in many countries and I still can't get used to how vulgar men are regarding women.

A middle school teacher was fired for posing in fashion style and art nudes. The PTA soccer Mom's were scandalized. The students on the other hand defended the teacher.
They said she was beautiful in the pictures and a great teacher.

Apr 12 14 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

Congrats on seeing all your hard work come to life

Apr 12 14 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Frisson Art

Thank you Bryan and you are not wrong Fred.

A young lady once modeled for me in running shoes, jeans and an off the shoulder t-shirt and was slammed by her family for 'demeaning' herself. The level of misogyny in the world is quite astounding.

Quite a few people have asked me to do an Anonymous 2 after seeing the results of the first so looks like that's definitely on the cards.

Apr 12 14 04:09 pm Link