Forums > General Industry > Does Anyone Even Get Off of Your "Blacklist"?

Photographer

Natural Body Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

With all the last minute callouts and flaking from MM models, I have been tempted to create "The List", but then I remember that the model who let me down the most became one of my favs., with four shoots behind us, Because I treated her the way I want to be treated; I allowed her to be human.

Apr 26 14 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Giuseppe Luzio

New York, New York, US

Maybe if enough time went by and i totally forgot they were on it lol

Apr 26 14 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

I just received this via e-mail, the sender must have got my addy from my web site.

Whoever it may concern you're on this persons blacklist.

'Why do amateurs quote a book of rules on etiquette which has no real substance apart from snobbery calling it professionalism whilst professionals tend to act like amateurs.

It's a lot better than being some clown who thinks they're better. Just because I got kick out of model mayhem doesn't mean I have given up or stop with my photography. If anything, you losers who ambushed and kick me while down, gave me the encouragement to do better than ever. Then crush you under my foot.
Bite me.'

Anyone else receive this ?

Apr 26 14 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Lorenzo Battista

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I use to but I am tired of the cr#*t. Never again.

Jun 24 14 09:05 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

John Alan Photography wrote:
Have any of you ever Blacklisted another artist?

Your experiences?

Al

After thinking about it for a little bit previously, I do not have a blacklist.

At least, I don't think I do, (I'll have to check to see if I forgot to kill it.)
Jen

Jun 24 14 09:12 pm Link

Model

Alabaster Crowley

Tucson, Arizona, US

MAJOR LONGFELLOW wrote:
cr#*t.

What might this be?

Jun 24 14 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

Good to see I'm not the only one in the NEVER club....

Jun 24 14 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

KBStudio

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

Nope!

Jun 24 14 09:38 pm Link

Model

Sabryna S

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

I don't have a physical "blacklist" because there's really not many people that have done me wrong (so far). So it's not too hard to keep track of who I want to avoid.
I haven't had many photographers flake on me, but I do have one that has been avoiding giving photos back, and another that thrived off causing drama for me.
But I still list whoever I work with on my profile, but I don't mention "Oh, don't work with this person in particular because...." since I don't believe in publicly outing. If someone wants to know they are a free to ask.
If they were to apologize to me? Then I'd consider shooting again, I guess everyone deserves a second chance...but after that, it's not worth it.

Jun 26 14 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

r T p

Los Angeles, California, US

m
y list isn't black

... it's brown

Jun 26 14 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

I M N Photography

Boston, Massachusetts, US

John Alan Photography wrote:
Have any of you ever Blacklisted another artist? Or given anyone a chance to get off of it? I have only listed two models, and I'm not pointing the finger at models only. They will stay there until I receive the deposit money I lost, on the studio rental, when they didn't show for our shoots.

The studio gives me up to 24 hours prior to the booking to cancel and receive my deposit back. These two women never called, emailed or texted that they weren't coming. I haven't heard from them to this day, five months after the fact.

Your experiences?

Al

I have worked with enough people in enough situations to say people fall anywhere on that spectrum, at one point or other in their lives - intentionally or unintentionally.

Several people, highly recommended to/by me, but going through some sudden hiccup in their day, suddenly find themselves unable to contact me or another photographer until it was too late to salvage the situation.
Bad first impression solidified. Very few opportunities to make amends.

In other words, $hit happens to everyone.

What separates the children from the adults is the ability to get past the embarrassment/fear, and offer a sincere apology.

So I guess that's it. A sincere apology will get someone off my blacklist.

This doesn't guarantee I will work with him/her again.

Jun 26 14 05:35 pm Link