Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > It's silly and not a big deal but its mine

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

I got to shoot the cover to the Summer Guide for our local paper the CS Independent. The Indy is a weekly local left leaning subculture paper with every bit as big of following as our local daily paper. The readers often see themselves as opposing views, but some just like seeing them either way. I have always had an appreciation for this paper as they rule at local arts and entertainment listings and articles. They get some of the best local talent to make this magazine happen. I do not take it lightly that I was asked to shoot a cover for them.

On this one I was asked to shoot a young fellow to turn it into a silly sunburned spoof on a famous rapper album cover. It was shot in horrendous conditions, cold and super windy and I said no to nothing. We had to shoot in afternoon sun and diffusers were unusable in the wind and went flying all over the park. It went through a few conversions from the original idea to the finished cover but right or wrong I seen the whole thing as a test to show a can do spirit to get it done. I hope they see it as such. The model was a trooper who was freezing his deflatables of the whole shoot but never once complained.

In the end I am happy with the image as it is every bit as silly as we were after. It has a campy vibe that I hope makes folks uncomfortably giggle as they pick it up.

This is a link to the magazine, the download is easy enough. http://www.csindy.com/

May 14 14 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Kjos Photography

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, US

Turned out great.

I like the background story too. It helps visualize the work it took.

Congrats!

May 14 14 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

Nice work and congrats. Nothing silly about it, except in a good way and it is a big deal.

May 14 14 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Belle_Anna

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Not every accomplishment needs to be Vogue (or whatever the equivalent might be).  Accomplishments are anything that makes you feel like you were successful.

Nothing silly about what makes you feel satisfied with your work. smile

May 14 14 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

Marky

Grays, England, United Kingdom

Great work I liked the story behind your image well done

May 14 14 03:49 pm Link