Forums > Model Colloquy > The 3rd List / Mentor Support for Models

Model

Carly Ad Astra

New York, New York, US

Hi All! Formerly on the list in NYC, and CA- I've hop-scotched through the labyrinth of updated "3rd List"s, and just wanted to update you all on my current location: NYC/Brooklyn (again! Yay!).

Happy to remain on the list and I can host in NYC as well! (I believe that's the 4th list? So tough to keep track of these days!

Hope you're all well and healthy and happy!
Carly

Aug 20 15 04:33 pm Link

Model

Sloane Victoria

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I'd like to be a model mentor in maryland and Washington dc! I was on the previous list and not sure why I'm no longer on the current one.

Dec 15 15 02:16 am Link

Model

Sloane Victoria

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Bump

Dec 16 15 03:03 am Link

Photographer

Louis Li Photography

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I am a member on the old list,please add me to the new one.

Mar 02 16 09:49 am Link

Model

MoniqueReneeModel

Salem, Massachusetts, US

Hello there! I'm super new to MM and just did my first photoshoot, I could love a portfolio critique if possible! Thank you!

Mar 10 16 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

MoniqueWie wrote:
Hello there! I'm super new to MM and just did my first photoshoot, I could love a portfolio critique if possible! Thank you!

It's on its way.

Mar 11 16 01:17 pm Link

Model

Vera Dureke

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'd like to have my portfolio reviewed as well as hopefully have a mentor from the Chicago area

May 08 16 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Camerosity

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Hi , Vera.

If you don't hear from someone in Chicago, feel free to email one of the mentors listed for Chicago directly (or, for that matter, me - I live in St. Louis).

May 08 16 06:18 pm Link

Model

Sonia Rosa

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Hello, I'm new here and would like advice on my profile? To Personal or not personal enough? To much info or not enough? I'm new to this I just need an opinion in general...

Oct 19 16 08:16 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

Hello Melissa and Admins, I was looking at the Florida list and I think there are only three active members on it who still live here. I would like to be a mentor if you think I am suitable. Thank you.

Oct 19 16 04:53 pm Link

Model

Rosemary Jacalyn James

Portland, Oregon, US

Hello!

I am getting back into my modeling and I was wondering if I could request a portfolio assessment?

Thank you!
Much love

Oct 22 16 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

Tossing my name in for consideration to the Mentors List.

Long time member of MM, since 2005

Nov 10 16 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Camerosity

Shreya Rose wrote:
Hello!

I am getting back into my modeling and I was wondering if I could request a portfolio assessment?

Thank you!
Much love

Hi, Shreya!

I see that nobody in your part of the country has responded to your request for a portfolio assessment, so I decided to do one.

Check your inbox..

Nov 10 16 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Camerosity

Spectra Sinnister wrote:
I see that there are no mentors in Oklahoma and I'd like to add a request for one as well.

GN

Well, I grew up in Tulsa, went to OU in Norman and worked in OKC and Bartlesville, if that counts, although I’m listed as a mentor under Missouri.

I’m just becoming active in photography and MM again, after putting everything on hold for more than two years because of a serious illness in the family.

If you’re still interested, let me know, and we’ll go from there…

(In other words, since you’ve also been absent for more than a year, I’d like to know that you’ll see what I write before I start doing a critique.)

Jan 06 19 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Camerosity

NOTE TO ALL:

The original mentoring forums were started by a photographer from Nashville. They were VERY active for several years. However, after the photographer left MM, for quite a while, the forum became totally inactive. And since nobody had his password, nobody could update his list, etc.

At some point, Melissa (who is an excellent model who has been an asset to MM for years) volunteered to start a new thread for model mentoring.

Probably because of the years of inactivity and the fact that was no momentum, the new model mentoring forum has never approached the previous level of activity. When there are no posts for days, weeks or months, people stop checking the forum for new requests.

If you want a portfolio critique or other mentoring, I’d suggest that you post your request here, then contact a mentor from your area by PM to let them know that it’s posted.

If that doesn’t work after a few days, you can PM me about your post.

I realize what I might be getting into here. Since I have a life outside MM, I might not be able to respond on the same day, but I will respond within a few days. (Depending on the portfolio and the number of photos, a critique can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to 3 hours.)

As noted in the post above, I’m just getting back into photography and MM after more than a year’s hiatus. Somehow my profile page got screwed up (winner’s badges from contests that were discontinued have been removed from MM, leaving “photo not found” icons for the deleted badges) and my portfolio got scrambled.

Also, I’m currently getting back up to speed in Photoshop and looking for a new studio space. The earliest that I might be in a new studio is April or May, and that’s the optimistic timeframe. However, once I’m new studio, I might be able to work with some models who can get to St. Louis and who want live, in-person mentoring in studio.

Jan 06 19 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Justrite Photography

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

If you need help here in Oklahoma, I'm glad to volunteer.

Mar 18 19 12:48 am Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Camerosity wrote:
NOTE TO ALL:
If you want a portfolio critique or other mentoring, I’d suggest that you post your request here, then contact a mentor from your area by PM to let them know that it’s posted.

If that doesn’t work after a few days, you can PM me about your post.

Unfortunately, with the new rules requiring that  many (most?) being able to PM only persons with whom they are "friends", that may be impossible in many cases.

A better technique might be to "bump" the thread by posting a new message.  It can be something as simple as "I posted a portfolio evaluation a week ago and haven't heard anything.  Any one out there?"  The thread will go to the head of the queue and be more visible to those likely to respond.

All IMHO as always, of course.

Mar 18 19 07:02 pm Link