Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Don't Live With Your Boyfriend if ...

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

A-M-P wrote:

And how is this bad big_smile

it's the same as  getting married with a prenup pretty much but much more simple.

Where did I say bad? smile

Nah...prenups can still get shredded after the fact, & divorce sucks, even when you're the plantiff.

Aug 19 14 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

T Brown

Traverse City, Michigan, US

What I left out in my previous post was this.

When your with someone, the right someone you know, or at least you have an idea that you know that this is the one.

I think that idea or intuition comes pretty early on but its only still a seedling, with the barest thought of becoming something more, something bigger, greater.

At this point it is all still so new and fresh, amazing and wonderful. The seed sprouts, its fragile, needs attention and constant care.

But over time that little sapling develops, it grows, roots dig deep, the base fills out and the branches reach skyward.

Its the embodiment of the care that was put into it, for some that time from seed to stature isn't long, for others it may take longer.

But its the growth that's important, if your with the right one they will invest as much time, energy, and love into that growth.

Living together, not living together, intimacy, who does what or who doesn't these aren't the all to end all they are a vehicle, a way for people to come together to grow what they've sown.

Each day spent together, spent spending time in your garden, tending to your relationship is the key, that's whats important, having the right person by your side doing the same thing.

Aug 19 14 04:18 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I said

Laura UnBound wrote:
Divorce (when both parties agree) is paperwork.

and then I said

The breakup, the dividing your shit, the living together while broken up because you dont have an immediate lead on where to go/living in a hotel room and moving all your stuff into storage and paying for that shit/moving back home to your family, the trying to find your own place and rebuild a "home" for yourself…that shits tough. Unless you OWN the home and everything in it, and the other party moved in with nothing, and you have nothing to worry about and no emotions whatsoever,  I dont know anyone who takes breaking up and moving out that lightly.

Divorce being the end of a marriage and breaking up being the end of just a relationship.

Yes, if your spouse hates your guts and is vindictive, divorce becomes more than paperwork and it doesnt matter what you entered the relationship with, if they want to keep it.

I dont know anyone getting represented by divorce lawyers because they want to keep their boyfriends/girlfriends shit, since they're not divorcing and never signed a contract to share all their shit for the rest of their lives.

Regardless, the whole sentence you keep referencing said "Unless you OWN the home and everything in it, and the other party moved in with nothing, and you have nothing to worry about and no emotions whatsoever,I dont know anyone who takes breaking up and moving out that lightly." as a criticism of the authors extremely incorrect assumption that breaking up and moving out is so much easier than ending a marriage and moving out, that people do it all willy-nilly

Aug 19 14 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Virtual Studio

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Laura UnBound wrote:
f the authors extremely incorrect assumption that breaking up and moving out is so much easier than ending a marriage and moving out, that people do it all willy-nilly

Breaking up in Canada is a whole different thing again. If you've been together for two years or more you can unilaterally declare common law marriage rights and then things can become really really nasty.

Aug 19 14 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Virtual Studio wrote:

Breaking up in Canada is a whole different thing again. If you've been together for two years or more you can unilaterally declare common law marriage rights and then things can become really really nasty.

Think you ought get your facts straight.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/4-myths-a … -1.1315129

Aug 19 14 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

to me the big problem is if people behave differently while dating vs. being in a committed relationship. it's almost a bait&switch even if not intentional. i think people should stop overdoing it during dating and instead work on creating realistic expectations of how things would be in a long-term relationship (more married with children than the bachelor) regardless of whether they are married or not. a relationship is a marathon, not a sprint.

living together can have strings especially if you start getting stuff jointly like cars, houses, kids, pets, friends. that test drive can be costly even if you don't have to pay alimony.

i'd like to see a chart of the guys who've paid the most per orgasm. let's say Tiger managed to have 100 with his wife. then that's one million dollars per gasm (vs. say a handful of $60 friction dances at the strip club). yikes.

Jules NYC wrote:
Women typically see it as an almost inevitable step toward marriage, while men see it as a no-obligation "test drive."

Aug 19 14 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Cherrystone wrote:
Think you ought get your facts straight.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/4-myths-a … -1.1315129

No, you need to really study the article carefully. It can indeed get ugly and expensive fast.......

Aug 19 14 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
I dont know anyone getting represented by divorce lawyers because they want to keep their boyfriends/girlfriends shit, since they're not divorcing and never signed a contract to share all their shit for the rest of their lives.

And therein lays your fatal mistake. A lawyer's wet dream.

Aug 19 14 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Virtual Studio

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lohkee wrote:

No, you need to really study the article carefully. It can indeed get ugly and expensive fast.......

Yeah - co-worker got taken to court by her lesbian live in lover claiming "common law" and lost her house.

Aug 19 14 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Virtual Studio wrote:
Yeah - co-worker got taken to court by her lesbian live in lover claiming "common law" and lost her house.

I believe it. Married or not, once things start getting commingled, life (separation) can get extremely complicated and horribly  expensive very fast.

Aug 19 14 05:46 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

After 4 pages of reading posts I'm still not quite sure what the question is. Do what you want and let others do what they want. I don't care what the article says because we are all so damn different anyway. Just make sure who you end up with someone who believes what you believe in ways you think are important. I've lived with 4 men and married and divorced 1. Take from that what you will but I have decades of experience of living with men. More than I care to admit LOL.

Aug 19 14 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Lohkee wrote:

No, I did. Perhaps you ought study what he said. He claimed 2 yrs. in "Canada". It's sorted out by province and they all have differences, Quebec does not recognize them at all on most levels.

Aug 19 14 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Isis22 wrote:
After 4 pages of reading posts I'm still not quite sure what the question is.

Jules is real fond of threads pertaining to men and/or relationships. smile

Aug 19 14 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10635921_731656583554266_4799702469763121855_n.jpg

Aug 19 14 10:17 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/10635921_731656583554266_4799702469763121855_n.jpg

LMAO

This rocks

lol

Aug 19 14 10:20 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Cherrystone wrote:
Jules is real fond of threads pertaining to men and/or relationships & Breaking Bad smile

I am.

smile

I will never stop talking about Breaking Bad

lol

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QHBaIAK0rUA/UjayKtuwYRI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/0_C7_uYt5yM/s1600/breaking-bad-family-guy.jpg

Aug 19 14 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Virtual Studio

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Cherrystone wrote:
No, I did. Perhaps you ought study what he said. He claimed 2 yrs. in "Canada". It's sorted out by province and they all have differences, Quebec does not recognize them at all on most levels.

Yeah - critical errors.

Sure am glad you set us all straight on that one!!!!

Aug 20 14 04:30 am Link

Model

Ashley Marie Rosas

Santa Ana, California, US

Haha! The article is way off when I compare it to my relationship. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years going on 7 in a few months. We're not married yet, but living together. We don't want children and we are planning on getting married once we're financially stable and our careers are in full force. We have a lot of goals in life that we would like to meet before marriage. We've watched friends meet each other after us, get married, live together and then divorce. Our relationship is the longest lasting one out of all their marriages. We just moved in together about a year ago and let me just say, it has been incredible.  Our relationship is even stronger than before. I think if two people love each other they'll make it work. As I mentioned before, many of my friends who followed that rule of marriage then living together are now divorced. It didn't save their marriage. But people will have their opinions and I respect them. I just know that rule doesn't apply to my relationship.

Aug 20 14 10:33 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I am.

smile

I will never stop talking about Breaking Bad

lol

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QHBaIAK0rUA/UjayKtuwYRI/AAAAAAAAAhQ/0_C7_uYt5yM/s1600/breaking-bad-family-guy.jpg

Breaking bad.....is that "something crawled up your ass & died" type of flatulence, such as Peter probably emits regularly? big_smile

Aug 20 14 11:17 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Cherrystone wrote:
Breaking bad.....is that "something crawled up your ass & died" type of flatulence, such as Peter probably emits regularly? big_smile

No.

Do you have these kind of noxious gases?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9bEhY16W58

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aw … eaking_Bad

For your reading pleasure,

http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread … 911aa0333b

Drama.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZV5NtsSF_s

Aug 20 14 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Jules NYC wrote:

No.

Do you have these kind of noxious gases?

I don't fart. smile

Aug 20 14 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Lovely Day Media

Vineland, New Jersey, US

I wouldn't live with someone I wasn't married to if there was a possibility of getting married later. I'm not opposed to having a female roommate but she'd only be a roommate. There would be no romance and we might not even be friends depending on the situation.

Aug 20 14 11:53 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Cherrystone wrote:

I don't fart. smile

You will when you die!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/video … r-you-die/

Aug 20 14 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US