Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Glowing Skin for Water Photoshoot

Makeup Artist

emmab1120

Providence, Rhode Island, US

I recently came across an article where a makeup artist was talking about doing a shoot in a pool where she had to make her model look really tanned and glowy.

It made me wonder about products to keep in my kit that would be good for shoots like this.  Something that would make the models body look very luminous.  My main concern is more about how to make it glow with a product that won't wash off the skin immediately. The tan isn't as important to me right now.  I know there are products such as Ben Nye's Body Bronzing Tint that claims to be water resistant, or body lotions but now there also seems to be an array of body oils/dry oils.  I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with shoots in the pool/ocean and body products that won't completely run off the skin when the model gets wet. And whether you'd suggest a cream or oil product.

Thanks in advance!

Aug 20 14 11:37 am Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

Sally Hansen makes a spray that has shimmer in it and a lotion without shimmer; both tan the skin and it comes in different shades. It's cheap and at every drugstore. It's pretty water resistant, especially if you set it with Ben Nye Final Seal or something similar. But for a full submersed underwater deal you'd want a model who was already tan and just add some shimmer or pump up color with alcohol based makeup which is waterproof.

Aug 22 14 03:23 am Link