Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Need to Revamp My Port...

Artist/Painter

Art of Vincent Wolff

Wheaton, Illinois, US

....and I want to make some room for new work, so I'm asking for suggestions on what images to drop, up to maybe 5.  Thanks

Sep 04 14 06:54 am Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

LOL, I did a similar pose for a director in Santa Monica, you ripped off his idea? big_smile (just kidding)
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/060911/23/45063c35d8bda_m.jpg

But you do have too much of the similar stuff.

I would say, keep these:

Nudes:
First row: #1 and #3
Second row: #3
Third row: #3

Others:
First row: #2 and #4
Second row: #1 and #4
Third row: #1

But I do want to add, I think you need to show that you can draw people of different ages, body types, and ethnicities.

You demonstrate that you are a very strong graphite artist, and I've been doing graphite since I was 6 months old. But what is missing is that you don't demonstrate that you can draw other things, in other words, it comes across looking like a "one trick pony".

So perhaps consider adding some diversity. smile

Sep 05 14 12:26 am Link

Artist/Painter

Art of Vincent Wolff

Wheaton, Illinois, US

Sandra Vixen wrote:
LOL, I did a similar pose for a director in Santa Monica, you ripped off his idea? big_smile (just kidding)
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/060911/23/45063c35d8bda_m.jpg

But you do have too much of the similar stuff.

I would say, keep these:

Nudes:
First row: #1 and #3
Second row: #3
Third row: #3

Others:
First row: #2 and #4
Second row: #1 and #4
Third row: #1

But I do want to add, I think you need to show that you can draw people of different ages, body types, and ethnicities.

You demonstrate that you are a very strong graphite artist, and I've been doing graphite since I was 6 months old. But what is missing is that you don't demonstrate that you can draw other things, in other words, it comes across looking like a "one trick pony".

So perhaps consider adding some diversity. smile

Thanks Sandra.  Interesting you didn't mention the large, reclining Marilyn Monroe....that seems to show some diversity.
And yes, I do almost all graphite.  I was thinking  about tossing some (not all) that you mentioned.  As for doing other ethnicities, ages, I am about to start one of a mixed race couple, and have done 50+ models. 

thanks so much for your input

Sep 05 14 07:09 am Link