Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > bronzed skin for photoshoot

Makeup Artist

alliehill_makeupartist

Beauty Point, Tasmania, Australia

Hi guys

Im working on a photoshoot where I will be applying spray tan to the models the day before and then doing hair and makeup on the day of the shoot. What products do you recommend applying over the tan on the day of the photoshoot to get that "bronzed" skin look that will enhance the tan for images?

Thanks in an advance x

Sep 23 14 03:55 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

Why not just apply moisturizer to add a glow?
As opposed to applying cosmetics on top of tan dye?

Sep 23 14 04:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Langston MUA

Pleasanton, California, US

When I want to add a "glow" to the skin, there's a pretty common trick that I use which is just mixing pigment with body lotion.  I squirt out some body lotion onto a metal mixing palette and add some pigment (a golden beige color) or golden highlighter to the lotion and mix with a spatula.  I apply it to the model, and then I'll go back and dust some of the powder/pigment highlighter on the high points that will be touched by light (i.e. the tops of the shoulders, collar bone, etc) to add an extra glow.

There's this one photographer I work with who nicknamed it "the shine" and he's in love with my technique, makes him happy every time Lol.

Sep 23 14 09:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

SherryHarkisan

Leicester, England, United Kingdom

Ashley Langston MUA wrote:
When I want to add a "glow" to the skin, there's a pretty common trick that I use which is just mixing pigment with body lotion.  I squirt out some body lotion onto a metal mixing palette and add some pigment (a golden beige color) or golden highlighter to the lotion and mix with a spatula.  I apply it to the model, and then I'll go back and dust some of the powder/pigment highlighter on the high points that will be touched by light (i.e. the tops of the shoulders, collar bone, etc) to add an extra glow.

There's this one photographer I work with who nicknamed it "the shine" and he's in love with my technique, makes him happy every time Lol.

This is great advise! I have been on the hunt for a good illuminating/glowy technique but havent found any that will "suit all" this is a great and cost friendly way of tailoring the glow to any skins! thank you

Sep 24 14 04:56 am Link