Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Drugs...

Sep 29 14 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

F-1 Photo

New York, New York, US

Could it be that the photographer wanted a higher rate of pay from this magazine publisher? Perhaps he felt the compensation wasn't enough for the right to use his work.

Of course that doesn't really explain why he sent alternate images to her.... Or why he wouldn't just tell you he wasn't interested in publishing to begin with.

Sep 29 14 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Marin Photo NYC

New York, New York, US

Sounds like bad news from the start. Your biggest mistake was staying and waiting. Fuck that, sorry if you aren't ready in a reasonable time frame I'm outta there!!!!............time is money! You can't make me wait 1hr or more. After thirty minutes, I'm done waiting and I'm packing up and leaving. Sorry no patience here for bullshit.  You should not have waited till 9pm to shoot. You are much nicer than I am. LOL

Sep 29 14 07:53 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

If there are any of his shots currently in your port, you should remove them.  There is no point in advertising for him.

If you video taped the whole encounter and posted it here, people would still say that you haven't provided the whole story and we are just getting one side of the story.  Some people can not accept that photographers can be jerks, so the model must be hiding the rest of the story.

Sep 29 14 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

If were scheduled to work with a MUA that you like and have worked with before? You should have put you foot down before you let the photographer get away with that!

Sep 29 14 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

John Horwitz wrote:
it's not hate - you are his least favorite

Yeah,  I always feel bad for the least favorites....

Sep 29 14 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Pictures of Life wrote:

Skyler Bleu wrote:
Okay, here is your time frame

Here's how the story goes. I had a bad last experience with this guy.

We did a photoshoot last week and this is how it went.

1),,,

Well with all those details, and the publisher's version, yeah, it seems the photographer is being completely unreasonable; and there's not much anyone can do about it. The working relationship has definitely gone kaput. I think someone suggested a plate of cookies sometimes helps.  Or probably, it's just broken beyond repair.  The first question is why, and only he can answer.  The next question is what will it take to repair it, and is it worth it.
     At this point, letting it all sit for a few days seems healthy.  And maybe trade the 'confront' approach for something more tactful.

Instead of saying you want the trash edited out of the picture, or whatever was said, ASK 'do you think the background is distracting?' Let the edit be his idea. When you ask, it's easier to not be defensive. Let him define the problem.  When you define the problem, it may seem that you are critique him/his work, and he may get pissy.  Maybe compare an image to one he did that you like.  'I really like how this pic was smooth and clean. You did a nice job with that.'  Ask for his opinion, 'which of my pictures do you think would be best to submit to the magazine, the publisher liked this one'.
     Good Luck with all of this.

I much prefer the direct constructive criticism. Trying to hint about what you want edited never seems to work. "Oh, the trash can is distracting to you, eh? Let me desaturate it. How's that?" - "Can you hide the trash can and cables?" more direct and still asking, not demanding, but makes clear what you want done. His idea? your idea? as soon as the edits are complete, those things get seen as collaborations, not ideas owned by one source.

Sep 29 14 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

Marin Photo NYC

New York, New York, US

photo212grapher wrote:
I much prefer the direct constructive criticism. Trying to hint about what you want edited never seems to work. "Oh, the trash can is distracting to you, eh? Let me desaturate it. How's that?" - "Can you hide the trash can and cables?" more direct and still asking, not demanding, but makes clear what you want done. His idea? your idea? as soon as the edits are complete, those things get seen as collaborations, not ideas owned by one source.

Sorry but no..who cares about what she said. She waited from 4pm to 9pm to shoot, for free.  Piss poor planning on his part and she should have some cooperation from this shooter.  The least he could do is edit one the way she wants. Also how good of an edit could it be if he did it in minutes???? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was probably rushed and crappy to start with.  I never have wires and shit in a shot! Ridiculous! It all sounds sloppy and unprofessional to me.

Sep 29 14 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Ruben Sanchez

San Antonio, Texas, US

Skyler Bleu wrote:
A week later

5) A few minutes later she gets back to me and she is extremely upset because this photographer isn't sending the image that she wants and he keeps sending her photos of other models. She keeps asking for that photo and he's not sending it to her...

Contact another photographer and redo that same photo, and send that one in to the publisher.  It seems that the publisher likes your look, more than the work of the photographer.  There's more than one good photographer out there that can do the work, and probably better too.

Sep 29 14 09:45 pm Link

Model

Courtnie Marie

Kansas City, Missouri, US

what a poopnose!

Sep 30 14 12:52 am Link

Photographer

F-1 Photo

New York, New York, US

Ruben Sanchez wrote:

Contact another photographer and redo that same photo, and send that one in to the publisher.  It seems that the publisher likes your look, more than the work of the photographer.  There's more than one good photographer out there that can do the work, and probably better too.

Yeah, that makes a great deal of sense!....you're assuming it was not the photographers concept, but hey, even if it was, screw it! Just copy his work with someone else! Great idea! I'm sure you would love this advice had it been you in this position.

To Skyler - don't copy anything, just resubmit a concept if your own or collaborate on something new with someone else

Sep 30 14 02:28 pm Link

Model

Goodbye4

Los Angeles, California, US

Sep 30 14 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

nudeXposed

Shanghai, Shanghai, China

simply another unprofessional 'photographer' - there are a lot of them out there & posting on these forums too. they know who they are. move one, forget the jerk.

Oct 01 14 07:23 am Link