Forums > Model Colloquy > Highest paying cities for the nude models?

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Jordan Bunniie wrote:
False. LA photographers have a strong tendency to flake on traveling models.

To the OP: I always do very well in San Francisco, Sacramento, Seattle, the DC area, NYC and upstate NY.
I also do pretty well in Boston and Rhode Island.

I've heard that before.
It's too bad that other photographers give L.A. a bad name.

May 14 15 09:50 am Link

Model

E Henderson

Redlands, California, US

SF is my favorite.  Photographers in LA are unfortunately extremely flakey.  If you do come out here though, try booking some of the guys out in Palm Springs.  Only had good experiences there.

May 17 15 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

L.A. isn't as bad as some here say. I know of a model who came down here every month to clean up and she did do nudes. What you are competing against if you travel here is a town full of. . . playmates. One even opened a studio here. The thing that does happen is that people are up for gigs. . . I have had assistants-paid, bail on me last moment when they scored a gig. So, I'm used to people floating in and out. But even so I see on MM LA photographers whose MM portfolios are full of nudes. It just a look that might sell in North Carolina will not necessary even get a glance here.

Another factor in L.A. is the economy and its terrible. Nevertheless, people do hire nude/art models here. I thought recently about a personal project, decorate the walls of the living room, kitchen, and dining room of the house I share with a friend. I looked very hard on MM, travelling models. Couldn't really find one that worked in terms of build and look so its going to be local. So, it is a tough town and tough to make a living as a commercial photographer but still it has opportunities. You just have to look so fantastic as we are so fussy it seems.

May 17 15 09:33 pm Link