Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Non-Diva guest in tinfoil for wifi

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Not sure why Koryn's easygoing posts not demanding a/c or heat or my posts saying simple courtesy and respect and the other posts in the thread on hosting are putting off photographers from EVER hosting again, (as reported by some.)

Sorry for the run on sentence, and then posting and running to work but, just gosh.

Jen

Oct 07 14 02:43 am Link

Photographer

Toto Photo

Belmont, California, US

I understand it but am not sure I can explain it succinctly. My guess is it's one of these two things:

1. Some think just offering someone a place to stay is akin to giving the greatest gift on earth, roach-infested or not. They see any additional requests as tantamount to looking a gift horse in the mouth.

2. They've been thinking about getting, say, wifi for example and decided against it for budgetary reasons. Seeing all those folks with nice places to stay (offering wifi and much more), now they're feeling low about it all, probably jealous, so they lash back.

Oct 07 14 11:55 am Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

I'm just gonna chalk it up to tighty whitey chafing...
https://southpawbeagle.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/wedgie8.jpg

Oct 07 14 04:33 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Tighty whitey-itis.)
smile!
Glad its settled.
JenB
p.s. and nothing at all to do because of the op

Oct 07 14 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Figures JenB wrote:
Not sure why Koryn's easygoing posts not demanding a/c or heat or my posts saying simple courtesy and respect and the other posts in the thread on hosting are putting off photographers from EVER hosting again, (as reported by some.)

Because when you already know everything, theres no need for wifi / looking it up online.
Just being in their presence should be all the amenities one needs.

Oct 07 14 04:37 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

lol. If those jokes about bathing in the creek, and tinfoil hats actually offended anyone, that's saying a lot more about THEM than about me.

That being said, I got a new job yesterday, editing books.
That's what I've wanted to do since I was about 8 years old. Doesn't matter who I offend on teh interwebz anymore.

Oct 07 14 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

I'm soooo offended by that! wink

Oct 07 14 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Koryn wrote:
lol. If those jokes about bathing in the creek, and tinfoil hats actually offended anyone, that's saying a lot more about THEM than about me.

That being said, I got a new job yesterday, editing books.
That's what I've wanted to do since I was about 8 years old. Doesn't matter who I offend on teh interwebz anymore.

I fear I would not be very good at editing books. The temptation to F! With someone's work in a benevolently malicious way would be too tempting. I'm pretty sure every book I edit would somehow end up containing detailed instructions for rebuilding a Holly carburetor, regardless of original subject matter.

Oct 12 14 03:03 am Link

Photographer

MesmerEyes Photography

Galveston, Texas, US

Paolo Diavolo wrote:

Because when you already know everything, theres no need for wifi / looking it up online.
Just being in their presence should be all the amenities one needs.

That's the way I feel.

By the way, I'm looking for a host for an indefinite amount of time. My presence should be more than suitable as trade. If you want images too you'll have to pay. tongue

Oct 12 14 05:15 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Robb Mann wrote:

I fear I would not be very good at editing books. The temptation to F! With someone's work in a benevolently malicious way would be too tempting. I'm pretty sure every book I edit would somehow end up containing detailed instructions for rebuilding a Holly carburetor, regardless of original subject matter.

Well, after I work on it, then the guy above me works on it again, and then it goes back to the author to approve the edits. It's a process where so many eyes review the text that it's unlikely anything like that would escape the brutal eye of scrutiny.

Oct 12 14 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

I'm Scared!

Oct 14 14 11:28 pm Link