Makeup Artist

Tennillemakeupartistry

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Hey guys!
So I'm a makeup artist and a stylist. I've been searching and searching but I can not seem to find any general guide or info on standards for a test shoot.

In terms of makeup it seems pretty basic.  The skin should be amazing and neutrals should be used, but, is there room for a bit of color?

Also in terms of styling how much is too much.  I know it's all suppose to be bared down but, how many times can you have a model in a white tee and jeans.  Do I include accessories?

Can we get away with not using a hairstylist?

I'd appreciate any helpful tips.  I'm trying to start a package with a photographer and any info will help including pricing.

Thanks again

Nov 03 14 02:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Carmen Make up and Hair

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Testing is specific to region and agency. They want to see different things in New York than they do in Toronto, and they're going to want to see different things in an agency reps commercial models, and an agency that reps fashion models. (to give the most basic examples)

The best thing do to is look at the model portfolios in agencies that you hope to work with, and shoot similar work. You could also contact them and ask what they look for in a paid test. It's also dependent on where they want to send the girl. Sometimes the agency will give you the direction to shoot a test that caters toward clients in Asia, or Europe.

Nov 03 14 03:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tennillemakeupartistry

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Thank you that helps me out a lot.

Nov 03 14 08:41 pm Link