Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Photoshop Programs - I'm new to this...

Hair Stylist

Stone Styles

San Francisco, California, US

Hello,

I was just curious about photoshop programs. I want to learn but I already have CS6 but curious about other good ones. Any favorites of yours?

Nov 10 14 10:52 am Link

Photographer

R.EYE.R

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OGAu_DeKckI/hqdefault.jpg

Nov 10 14 10:55 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

If you have CS6 I think you should settle down with it and study it.

Nov 10 14 11:03 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Do you mean plug-ins for PS ?
Or other image editing programs ??

Nov 10 14 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

It's a very long process, but, I have said, "if you can think it, you can do it in Photoshop". I liked the last version of NIK sharpener better than the current one. I use Photomatix too, but, I also liked the last version better than the current one. The reason I don't like the newer ones is probably because they have more options, and will require more time and learning, but it is worth it, if you want to produce the best images possible.
-Don

Nov 10 14 11:23 am Link

Hair Stylist

Stone Styles

San Francisco, California, US

I am jusy trying learn i really like photography and beauty work. I have photoshop cs6 idk, about plug ins yet or really anything just copy tool. Ive played with burning/doging? Is their a book for dummies lol!

Nov 10 14 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Pelle Piano

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

If you want Photoshop tutorials for beginners, you can check some of these ...

http://tinyurl.com/k48epyz

Nov 12 14 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Stone Styles wrote:
I am jusy trying learn i really like photography and beauty work. I have photoshop cs6 idk, about plug ins yet or really anything just copy tool. Ive played with burning/doging? Is their a book for dummies lol!

Zillions. Many, alas, written cookie-cutter recipe style, and/or by dummies. When I was still teaching Ps, I made a list of my recommended Photoshop books:

http://www.kevinconnery.com/imaging/art … _books.htm

I haven't updated the list in years, but most of them are still valid, and/or have more recent versions covering some of the newer tools.

Nov 12 14 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

CS-6 Is a great program. There are two other programs that you might want to add. As your skill's get better.  The first one offers a free testing until you decide to buy it. www.portraitprofessional.com Then this one you might buy later, after you tested it? www.photoshoplightroom.com < Buy the newest version.

Nov 12 14 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

mophotoart

Wichita, Kansas, US

it is not the tool, it is what someone can do with it...not everyone can benefit from high dollar software when other options will work for them.  Many options, try before you buy...Mo

Nov 12 14 10:19 pm Link