Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Would I be better off having two profiles here?

Digital Artist

AbbeyMarie

San Antonio, Texas, US

I am both a digital artist and retoucher.

My portfolio is a bit niche at the moment (I am working on including more commercial looks, and more straight retouches), but even still my composites tend to steal the show, and overshadow my retouches. Though I would like to get both retouch and compositing jobs.

Sorry if this is a dumb question or in the wrong place! New to MM.

Nov 24 14 02:53 pm Link

Retoucher

D A N

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Definitely I would. You want to brand yourself accordingly and if anything you can always redirect your clients to your other portfolio.

Nov 24 14 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

D A N wrote:
Definitely I would. You want to brand yourself accordingly and if anything you can always redirect your clients to your other portfolio.

Each profile should be your first favorite on the other profile.  And be sure to mention each portfolio in the other profile.

Just keep your email addresses straight.

Nov 24 14 05:23 pm Link

Retoucher

Greg K Retouching

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Not only do I have two profiles here, I have two sites, two Facebook pages, etc. Most people--not everyone, but most people don't like to browse one when they are looking for the other. If they are out to hire a Retoucher, they want to see examples of Retouching and vice versa.

On rare occasions, I've had a couple people hire me for one when they wanted the other but I can only wonder how many people passed on me because they didn't immediately find what they were looking for.

I would recommend breaking it up, but like Mark mentioned make sure they know you do both. Sometimes people want an all-around artist.

Nov 25 14 01:49 pm Link

Digital Artist

AbbeyMarie

San Antonio, Texas, US

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll be sure to set up a second "retouching" account.

Nov 25 14 07:33 pm Link