Forums > Model Colloquy > Model Woirkout Routine

Model

Ashlee Ess

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Models... how often and how long do you workout?

Nov 25 14 02:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

IAMAshleeElizabeth wrote:
...how often and how long do you workout?

While I'm typically on the other side of the lens I workout religiously... Yoga sessions every day... typically at least a half hour of sun salutations combined with twists and balance poses... Also do progressive resistance training every other day...

Without this I'd be like the tin man left out in the rain...  for modeling it is soooo about range of motion... pose dynamics for editorial are especially challenging... look to Yoga or Pilates (repacked yoga).  there are many variants... have found hot Yoga to accelerate (facilitate) advanced postures... that said, find a tenured instructor, self taught isn't a wise option...

If you are looking into physique management i.e. weight control it's totally about nutrition... exercise isn't the answer albeit it's a very positive attribute for a healthy body... enough said...

hope this helps...

Nov 25 14 07:35 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I don't drive so some of my "working out" involves walking a mile or two or three. Carrying heavy groceries up stairs surely helps. I do other things like squats and other exercises 2-3 days a week but I aim for 3. I don't time myself. I tend to work out while watching TV, The Biggest Loser motivates me;)

Nov 26 14 10:14 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

4-6 days/week, for 45 minutes to one hour at a time.

Most of my workouts consist of weight training with moderate to heavy resistance. I hate cardio, and have increased my lean body mass through weight training enough that I now stay fairly slim without really needing much focused cardio anymore. I get cardio walking, and doing outdoor stuff I enjoy, and saving my energy so I can do really cool stuff at the gym - like leg pressing 300 pounds.

I'm basically a meathead with boobs.

Nov 26 14 11:43 am Link

Model

Victoria Morrisa

New York, New York, US

I work out for 4 hours a day.

Nov 29 14 06:04 pm Link

Model

Torttunaattori

Helsinki, Uusimaa, Finland

I really got into Yoga, which I learned from a Youtube-lady (Tara Stiles). I Yoga for balance and stretching of bulky muscles, I don't really follow any breathing routines. I try to stick with a 15 min. session a day, which makes me feel great, and also a bit like a stretched out rubber band. wink

Apart from Yoga I try to do a couple of exercises with the VirtuaGym app. you can compose your own routine, add/remove reps, focus on a particular muscle group etc. I usually do this for 45 minutes at a time (not daily, although I should..), which is great because it fits exactly into one sitting of the Victoria's Secret fashion Show ---->>>> GOALS.

In summer I try to jog in the morning, now it's impossible because of darkness and road glaciers. Instead, I sometimes run up and down the staircase to get some cardio.

I work out because it's necessary, not because I like it (I loathe sport.. gym class traumas) big_smile

Nov 30 14 06:34 am Link

Model

Melanie Littleman

College Station, Texas, US

I typically workout 4-5 times a week. I vary it up between basic cardio on the elliptical machine or cycling class, weight lifting, HIIT using bodyweight, and sometimes Yoga.

When I started modeling, I was a bit heavier than I wanted to be so in addition to watching what I ate, working out to burn calories and to build strength have really helped to sculpt my body.

Dec 09 14 02:31 pm Link

Model

Crystal Wings

San Diego, California, US

I lift at least three times a week combining proper push/pull muscles into every training session. The workouts are moderate to intense and take between one to two hours.

I also practice 20-90 minutes of various styles of yoga four to seven times a week.

<3

Dec 10 14 04:28 pm Link

Model

Chloe Selene

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

I go to the gym 4-6 times a week, 1-3 hrs at a time. I'm working on getting some good workout DVDs so I have something I can do at home, as well.  I'm naturally thin but workout to keep up some good muscle tone.  I finally have some defined abs and I love it, time for bikini shots! smile

Dec 11 14 10:54 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

I have never done any specific exercise other than to walk several miles a day, mostly at work but I also like to walk for recreation on my days off. I think diet, nutrition, sleep and other beneficial habits are just as important as getting exercise.

Dec 11 14 04:25 pm Link

Model

Sarah Quill

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand

In one week: Somewhere between 3 and 10 hours of pole dance altogether, weightlifting, squats, lunges, crunches and pushups rotation for an hour or so every second day, flexibility training for half an hour every day. And then I eat pizza and ice cream and stay in bed.

Dec 14 14 12:43 am Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Professional ballet about 1-2 hours for most of the days of the week.

I don't find that I need any other form of exercise other than to stretch before bed or during breaks.

Dec 15 14 11:32 pm Link

Model

Katrina480

Brighton, England, United Kingdom

Not really... I do walk to uni on weekdays (about 20 mins each way) and ballroom occasionally for 1 hr a week.
I used to dance a lot (maybe make that a New Years resolution). Salsa is good for general body toning and Irish if great for legs and stomach (used to do both).

Personally, the best forms of exercise are the ones you enjoy and don't think about the calories burned.

Dec 16 14 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Outoffocus

Worcester, England, United Kingdom

I know this is a gatecrash, but I'm pretty enthused about the results of climbing a steep hill every day. You'd have thought my advancing years would have made it futile, but what it's done for my backside and legs is remarkable. Plus the cardio effects seem to be pronounced. I know this because I genuinely think I came close to a a stroke or heart attack during the first few climbs, but can now walk the inclines with a pack on my back without pausing. It's also taken a good two inches off my waist. I suppose the reason for mentioning it is that if it can work that well for me it ought to be more beneficial to someone younger and fitter to start with.
It's between 60 and 90 mins per day.

Dec 16 14 12:43 pm Link

Model

Julia BQ

San Francisco, California, US

I try to workout at least 20 minutes every day.  On my laziest days I only do 20. On the days that I go to the gym I workout longer.  I usually run for 30 minutes then do strength training for another 30.

I try to eat really clean so that usually helps if I''m feeling lazy.

Dec 31 69 04:00 pm Link

Model

temerick

Tacoma, Washington, US

I do a split routine M-Sa, working each muscle group twice a week. My workouts are usually 45-60 minutes in length. I'm naturally slender but I've put on muscle weight since getting into fitness.

Jan 13 15 03:53 pm Link

Model

Artemis Bare

San Diego, California, US

I don't have a car so I walk/bus it everywhere.

Past that, does lifting a homemade Whiskey Bacon Cheeseburger into my face hole count?

Jan 13 15 04:22 pm Link

Model

Jamey J

Dover, New Hampshire, US

Victoria Morrisa wrote:
I work out for 4 hours a day.

Wow!  Dedication!

Jan 13 15 09:06 pm Link

Model

Jamey J

Dover, New Hampshire, US

In the past I was on a 6 day a week 1-2 hour schedule, but I have not done that for YEARS.  I currently do not regularly exercise, however I have a few shoots coming up next month so I am going to get back into exercising at least 5 days per week, 1 hour each day and cut down on my food intake so that hopefully I will loose some stomach fat and 5lbs or so before my February shoots.

Jan 13 15 09:10 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Ashlee Ess wrote:
Models... how often and how long do you workout?

Darn,

Not enough and I feel it is certainly showing!

I'd be happy with 3 times times a week with cardio for 30-60 minutes, (cycling, walking or something,) and at least 3 times a week with some stretching or yoga.

Gotta to get back on that as well with decent nutrition.

Jen
P.s. newly moved and out of my routine for the last 6 months!

Jan 14 15 03:05 am Link

Model

Reina Kisaragi

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

4 days a week: 1 hour session on the elliptical trainer (hardest level)
2 days a week: 15 minutes of interval running, weights, and ab workout
1 day a week: rest

Jan 14 15 07:29 pm Link