Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > contouring and airbrush makeup....

Model

Cheyanne Lawson

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

so i have a belletto studio airbrush machine and i love it. i use it for my foundation. im wanting to do contouring with  powders or eye shadow . thinking it would be easier. should i do it before  i do my airbrush foundation and blush. or after? im worried it would blend out weird  above it.

Nov 29 14 02:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Cheyanne Lawson wrote:
so i have a belletto studio airbrush machine and i love it. i use it for my foundation. im wanting to do contouring with  powders or eye shadow . thinking it would be easier. should i do it before  i do my airbrush foundation and blush. or after? im worried it would blend out weird  above it.

Cheyanne, airbrush workflow is an important component of a successful application...

What works for me is cleanse, tone and prime... albeit if you're dealing with a clean face then only prime...  might be wise to use Belletto's Primer while your just starting out... once your comfortable with your workflow then alter one component at a time... hope this makes sense...

After priming (be certain to allow the primer to be absorbed into the skin) then possibly use concealer to enhance problem areas (such as under the eyes). 

Now you're ready to airbrush (apply) your foundation...
Belletto is a water base product that dries fairly quickly...
Once dry then you can use your favorite powder blush, contour and/or highlighter...  however cream product might not be a good choice here...

That said, Belletto does provide blush and contour & highlighter which in an ideal scenario would be the best way to go... Unfortunately their airbrush palette is rather limited at this juncture... And is a compelling reason why TEMPTU aqua water base product is preferred by commercial artist... KETT and Dinair also have a wider selection of water base airbrush product... believe (but have not tested) these other formulas might work with your system.  But vendors do not recommend this for obvious reasons...

Word of caution... may want to avoid using TEMPTU S/B in your system... your compressor isn't likely powerful enough to handle the higher viscosity of this silicone product which btw requires a completely different thinner/cleaner...  I never use water base product in the same airbrush as with silicone product... experience is a brutal teacher here... even though you think you can clean your airbrush completely there may be residual product left in the airbrush passageways which will not play well with other solvent product... 

Glad you are enjoying your new airbrush system...

Hope this helps...

Nov 29 14 06:47 pm Link