Forums > Newbie Forum > Avatar picture

Model

mattpricey

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

Hi, I am new to this so apologies if i'm asking a stupid question but do I need to upgrade my account from from basic in order to be able to display an Avatar on my profile page?

thanks

Dec 09 14 04:08 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Go to My Stuff, and then Manage Photos.  Select one of the images and click on the Set As Avatar button, and lo (perhaps after the servers have sorted themselves out, anyway),  you have an avatar.

Dec 09 14 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Philip from Scotland

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

You should be able to set Avatar with a standard account.

Dec 09 14 04:19 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Once you get your avatar straightened out, go to the top three threads in the newbie section and read the threads.  Also, read the forum rules.  There is some really good information in these places.  Also read some of the other threads that first time models post in the newbie section.  There is variation in information from thread to thread.

After that, go through the forums and read (avoid posting for a while) threads about "Not getting Prints", "How do I find paying gigs"  and stuff like that.   Many models make their first post after something bad happens to them and they don't get a lot of sympathy because they weren't proactive.  So, be proactive.

Welcome to MM and good luck

hienvy

You also need to bookmark this thread:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=928111

Dec 09 14 04:57 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Kent Art Photography wrote:
Go to My Stuff, and then Manage Photos.  Select one of the images and click on the Set As Avatar button, and lo (perhaps after the servers have sorted themselves out, anyway),  you have an avatar.

This.
Keep in mind, for future, never to choose an image rated "M", as those are not allowed to be Avatars.

Dec 09 14 07:11 am Link