Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What is your favorite workouts?

Model

LISA MARCELLA

Detroit, Michigan, US

I have a feeling this thread is probably made already but whatever.

what do you like doing as a workout routines? I do a lot of Insanity tapes, yoga and I run whenever it is nice outside!

Dec 16 14 09:45 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

I have some free app on my Android tablet called the "7 Minute Workout" that you can do most anywhere, other than having a chair nearby.  It will get your heart pumping and uses a lot of muscles normally overlooked.  I'm sort of surprised the second one on it (Past the 30 sec. jumping jacks) called "Wall Sit" really is a kick to the heart rate (i.e. Back against the wall in a sitting position and hold it.).

I believe The New York Times had it listed as well as a diagram of the exercises involved.  Nice that you can do it while in your motel room without a lot of space or gear.

Dec 16 14 10:04 am Link

Model

Katrina480

Brighton, England, United Kingdom

When I can, dancing (ballroom and latin). I have such fun that I don't even consider it a workout.
At the moment it's all uni exams, so the best my workout gets is sitting in bed with revision notes. tongue

Dec 16 14 10:10 am Link

Photographer

Duane Erickson

Portland, Oregon, US

Running running and more running! IMO nothing beats a nice run through the trails here in thousand oaks

Dec 16 14 10:15 am Link

Model

LISA MARCELLA

Detroit, Michigan, US

GRMACK wrote:
I have some free app on my Android tablet called the "7 Minute Workout" that you can do most anywhere, other than having a chair nearby.  It will get your heart pumping and uses a lot of muscles normally overlooked.  I'm sort of surprised the second one on it (Past the 30 sec. jumping jacks) called "Wall Sit" really is a kick to the heart rate (i.e. Back against the wall in a sitting position and hold it.).

I believe The New York Times had it listed as well as a diagram of the exercises involved.  Nice that you can do it while in your motel room without a lot of space or gear.

I've never heard of that App before... I'll have to check it out and see if it is on the Apple marketplace!

Dec 16 14 10:29 am Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Lisa Marcella wrote:
...workout routines?

Have a daily Yoga practice... oft several times a day... Progressive resistance every other day... works for me smile

Plus I finally joined a gym cause the winter weather is a bummer... ice makes even walking dangerous... lol   

Use it or lose it!

Dec 16 14 10:35 am Link

Photographer

matt-h2

Oakland, California, US

Just got back from an invigorating road ride! Biking is my gig.

Dec 16 14 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Lisa Marcella wrote:
I have a feeling this thread is probably made already but whatever.

what do you like doing as a workout routines? I do a lot of Insanity tapes, yoga and I run whenever it is nice outside!

For weight work out, I love Static Contraction Training and Power Factor Workout (Pete Sisco's systems), who I found to be the most efficient, most scientific and most common sense approaches to muscle building.

After doing those, you don't want to do any other time wasting weight workout routines... you'll be spoiled rotten.

Then for cardio (disclaimer: I am out of shape on any level, but used to be a competitive athlete all my life) I was just very active from power walking, tennis, martial arts, hiking and climbing etc., I was never much a fan of running tho...

Yoga of course is a great combo for overall fitness.

Dec 16 14 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

I can't work out in this way as much as I would like to, but my favorite would be lifting cold beers smile

I always enjoy riding a bicycle or taking guests for rides around Pacific Beach, Mission Bay, or Coronado Island in my pedicab. The pedicab is particularly good and invigorating exercise.

http://www.pbase.com/click_hamilton/image/108982492/

Dec 16 14 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Click Hamilton wrote:
The pedicab is particularly good exercise.

http://www.pbase.com/click_hamilton/image/108982492/

Sure, for her.

Dec 16 14 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
Sure, for her.

But she's the model ...

Dec 16 14 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

I lift heavy weights and never seem to find the time for cardio.

One day I'll actually look like i exercise again.

Dec 16 14 05:42 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Well yesterday looked like this:

Hellish leg day:
Leg extensions, 3 sets of 12 reps in "21s" pattern
Lying hamstring curl, 3 sets of 10 reps
Sumo deadlifts, 3 sets, 10 reps
Seated hamstring curl 3 sets, 12 reps in "21s" pattern

Walking out of the gym after that was difficult. My hamstrings hate me today.

Today looked like this:
Incline curl 3 sets, 12 reps
Concentration curl 3 sets 12 reps
Regular curl 3 sets, 12 reps in "21s" pattern
Light preacher curls, 3 sets to exhaustion
Triceps overhead extension 3 sets, 12 reps
Cable overhead extension 3 sets, 12 reps
Cable mid-extension 3 sets, 12 reps
Light tricep kickbacks 3 sets to exhaustion

I don't know what tomorrow will look like yet, but I've been neglecting my back recently.

Dec 16 14 08:16 pm Link