Forums > Model Colloquy > Dream Elegance

Photographer

S Hoggard Photography

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

My little brother, Ace, who is also one of my current models in Youth Revolution, has an account on Instagram. He recently posted a picture and someone commented, telling him that they would like for him to represent their clothing line, "Dream Elegance". They asked for us to check their profile out and we did. They also asked for us to text them and had their number on their page. I sent them a text, since I'm supposed to be responsible for Ace's acting and modeling gigs, and we struck a conversation. They sounded so sure at first, then they started to say that Ace and I would need to choose from one of their packages to help with the representations, and said that for every purchase Ace's followers could make by using his provided discount code, he would earn money and special deals over time. I have heard in the past to not go with anything that says you must pay to get money, even though the saying that "You gotta spend money to make money" is more than often true, but when they told me that their cheapest package was $60 I started to lose trust in them as a company. Am I right in thinking that they aren't really legit? They admitted that they were new and that they had just started in San Diego. Now Ace doesn't really have that many followers and we live in a small town, so something tells me that even if he was to take their deal he wouldn't be successful in being a representative of their clothes.

Dec 28 14 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

Melissa Ann Photo

Seattle, Washington, US

Is this the company?
https://www.dreamingelegance.com/

If so, it looks like they just sell t-shirts, hoodies and hats.  And the name "Dreaming Elegance" makes absolutely no sense considering what they sell.

I think spending any money at all to "represent" this brand would be a complete waste.  I doubt they'll be around for long unless they completely change their image.   

The brand is not an agency, or even a well-known reputable company, so I'm not sure why or how you think they may help your brother.  Even if they could get him Instagram followers, that's not necessarily going to translate to paid work for a male model.   If I were you, I would definitely take a pass on this "opportunity," LOL.

Also, based on how long the company has been around, and the lack of activity on their FB page, I would guess that they bought their FB "likes" and Instagram followers.  Not an uncommon practice these days.

Dec 28 14 06:26 pm Link

Model

Syrena Fury

Palm Bay, Florida, US

Melissa Ann Photo wrote:
Also, based on how long the company has been around, and the lack of activity on their FB page, I would guess that they bought their FB "likes" and Instagram followers.  Not an uncommon practice these days.

I imagine the money they ask for up front is what they use to buy their followers and likes. hmm

Dec 28 14 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Herbert

Bellevue, Washington, US

So this brand asks its "representatives" to buy their clothing, which they wear to represent the company using their own social media accounts? It seems like a clever way for a brand to market itself but where is the benefit to the representatives? The company gives out small prizes occasionally to participants based on whatever non-certain criteria. This is an amusement, not an opportunity.

Dec 29 14 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

S Hoggard Photography

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Thank you, everyone. After reading your comments, I knew I had made the right decision; we are not going to help the "brand" out.

Dec 29 14 04:54 pm Link