Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Please help.

Model

casback

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

I need to make my port better but I have a block on what I should do. Any ideas

Dec 29 14 09:09 am Link

Photographer

J Andrescavage Photo

San Francisco, California, US

casback wrote:

Honestly?  Every single photo in your portfolio is terrible.  Full stop. 
Get rid of your request for paid shoots and your demand for travel expenses.  Set out on the road and beg, borrow, and steal your way to photographers you admire and beg some more for them to shoot with you.  If you want this and you're serious about improving the quality of your work, you need to do it for yourself and it's likely to cost you money.

Dec 29 14 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

I'm right up the road and messaged you but we never got together. There are a lot of good photographers in Detroit and Toledo that could really help you. Contact me and I'll see what I can do.

Dec 29 14 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

DCurtis

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

another suggestion - develop a good eye. pick a genre you wish to get better at. let's say - Sports Illustrated glamour shots. research those photos, practice those shots in front of the mirror. it's not just the photographer's responsibility to get good shots.

Dec 29 14 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

NG Photos

Cleveland, Ohio, US

J Andrescavage Photo wrote:

casback wrote:
Get rid of your request for paid shoots and your demand for travel expenses

Yeah, she contacted me, but when I saw that statement I did not reply.

I'm not saying not to accept paid offers that come your way, but for example the models I do pay have amazing ports and huge networks.  Oh, and they also shoot nudes.

Dec 29 14 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Magic Image Pin Up

Temple City, California, US

I  am not sure what you want to achieve on this sire or as a model but to my view I can see that your port has a collection of rather mundane average images no real set of style or merit to what could be a fantastic port. You have a beautiful body and face show off more of that body get some head shoots and add fashion glamour fetish and some cosplay style to show more of your modeling talent.

Jan 10 15 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

I don't really see you being very successful. You are too heavy for your height, and your facial expressions are very weak.

Jan 12 15 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

casback wrote:

You need to examine your photos and realize why they are hurting you, your photos need to be replaced, even if you have to pay some photographers for some quality images

Jan 12 15 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

F O R B E S

New York, New York, US

Want to make your port better? Delete all of your photos.

Jan 12 15 09:56 pm Link