Forums > Critique > Thoughts on this one?

Photographer

Paul Pardue Photography

Oakland, California, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/150103/15/54a874aab0cb2_m.jpg

Jan 03 15 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

Peter House

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Overall its good but I feel like the crop could be tighter. I also would like to bring in some fill on the shadow portion of the models face, just to get some detail in there. Not too much. And I would probably do some skin correction since the model has rough skin, but I'll respect your right to no photoshop. smile

Jan 03 15 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

E H

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Peter House wrote:
Overall its good but I feel like the crop could be tighter. I also would like to bring in some fill on the shadow portion of the models face, just to get some detail in there. Not too much. And I would probably do some skin correction since the model has rough skin, but I'll respect your right to no photoshop. smile

Agree with ^^^  I would only add, make the hair~light smaller. Hair~light should not be bigger then the main light as it appears to be here the way it is set and posed. Face should be more dominant then the hair, unless it is a hair shot. More light= more dominant and more focus on that area.

All the best.

Jan 03 15 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

thigpenimages

Houston, Texas, US

I agree with the tighter crop. Just a touch up the arm would be nice. I really like the coloration of the hair and your lighting, but a small amount of detail camera side would be great. I would brighten the catchlights just a hair, just a little extra sparkle, but not much. I might would have played around with a magenta rimlight to see if it accents the spot of color in her hair... may have added a nice touch. Overall this is a cool portrait. Nice job with the gradient bg.

Jan 03 15 05:06 pm Link