Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Honest Evaluation

Model

Lauren Marissa

York, Pennsylvania, US

I have been modeling for just about two years, and what I thought was going to be a one-and-done shoot for fun turned into something I love dearly. I feel as though I've grown exceptionally from day one and I'm just looking for honest feedback for my port. It would be very much appreciated! smile

Jan 04 15 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

GNapp Studios

Somerville, New Jersey, US

I like you port, love your look.  Would like to see your profile a bit more positive...put what you won't do at the bottom, and what you love to do at the top.

Jan 04 15 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Sennia Kyle

Seattle, Washington, US

I think you're very lovely and I agree with above, put what you won't do toward the bottom of your profile.

That said, I assume that you understand that not being in a major market and not having agency stats will make getting *non-nude* paid work more difficult. I only mention this because of where you say in your profile that you're transitioning away from TF shoots, which is all fine and good but may get you excluded from work that you might accept if approached for, based on the photographer and project. Seeing that in someone's profile would make me personally put a model that I would otherwise consider for editorial work down at the bottom of the list-- I'd try to find more enthusiastic TF participants first. I understand that money is a priority but it's also good to be realistic, especially if this is something you love doing for fun and aren't trying to make a full-time living at it.

Your top row of photos are the best ones so far; I'd get rid of #7 because it's a low quality snapshot of something we already can see in #5. Shots 11, 12 and 13 aren't good. I'd re-do 11 with some actual light on you instead of the wall behind you, because it could be great otherwise.

hope this helps!

Jan 06 15 12:03 am Link

Photographer

Jean Renard Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

The pictures are weak but if you are getting what you want out of them in your market good for you.
I've just been part of a massive casting call here in LA which featured non-traditional and "alt" talent and so have seen hundreds of portfolios and met dozens and dozens of models who are going after the same market you seem to be and they are in top physical shape with much much better shots.
If you want this, you must raise the bar especially if you want to work in a major market.  Time is your most precious resource, invest in doing this correctly or regret it later or  continue to have fun with it locally.

Jan 06 15 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Account Dead dead dead

London, England, United Kingdom

Hey Lauren,
The shot of you in the red shirt is your best commercial shot imo. Dump the bottom row of shots, the white dress shot and the legs apart shot. Then be highly selectve with the remainder.
The best advice I can give you is to use better commercial photographers. Pick three you like, pay them if you have to, and get 10 lifestyle shots and five cracking lingerie shots in your port.

.....and come to London gorgeous girl, I'd love to shoot you.

Jan 19 15 12:59 am Link