Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > my first serious fashion shooting

Retoucher

federicofior

Grosseto, Toscana, Italy

Hi everyone,

i'm so excited to have done my first serious fashion shooting as a photographer,
it has been an hard work so i'm here to ask you an your opinion to improve myself.
You can find here enclosed a pair of shoots, but if you like i'd be pleased if you will have also a look to a biggest selection at this link,
thanks for all your opinions!

https://www.behance.net/gallery/22547865/Alessia

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/150108/03/54ae6442e1589_m.jpg

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/150108/03/54ae639df0e9b_m.jpg

Jan 08 15 03:14 am Link

Model

_eMMe_

Florence, Toscana, Italy

I prefere the second one. It's more fashion and the composition it's interesting. I'm not mad about the make-up, however.

Jan 08 15 04:49 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

Fashion is about selling the garments........whether you do that in a straight forward manner, or through "lifestyle" implication.

I see neither in either image.

Jan 08 15 08:09 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

the biggest problem with the first photo is that it appears that the model only has one arm

the biggest problem with the second photo is that the from the high angle the shot was taken from - the model appears short 

the second biggest problem with both photos is that there is too much background and not enough subject

Jan 09 15 04:37 am Link

Retoucher

federicofior

Grosseto, Toscana, Italy

Lallure Photographic wrote:
Fashion is about selling the garments........whether you do that in a straight forward manner, or through "lifestyle" implication.

I see neither in either image.

Thank for your opinion Lallure, i have understood what you mean, i'll take care about it in my next shooting

Garry k wrote:
the biggest problem with the first photo is that it appears that the model only has one arm
the biggest problem with the second photo is that the from the high angle the shot was taken from - the model appears short

Two holy notes Garry...
for the first, now that you have written, it has been obvious to me too, sometimes when we look at an image for too much time, we lose the details... for the second, it is also true... the perspective makes a little short the model.

Garry k wrote:
the second biggest problem with both photos is that there is too much background and not enough subject

this is also true, but this is only two shoots, every look and situation are narrated by more different shoots, someone more detailed, someone with much space for graphical inserts or texts, like these.

Jan 12 15 06:37 am Link

Photographer

F O R B E S

New York, New York, US

Looks like a pair of well edited cellphone pictures. Step it up. The model looks bored. The photos don't tell a story. If you're shooting fashion, show more emotion in your work.

Jan 12 15 10:00 pm Link