Forums > Critique > Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!!

Photographer

Photogenic Reaction

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

NSFW

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/37784505

Just modified the picture based on the kind advises below:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/37788708

So please give some thoughts on both???

Jan 20 15 02:16 am Link

Photographer

J Haggerty

Augusta, Georgia, US

You need to include NSFW on your post. I just opened that up in the office and immediately had to close it... I can't review it until I leave the office.

Jan 20 15 09:01 am Link

Photographer

dd photography

San Diego, California, US

your watermark kills a very nice photo.

Jan 20 15 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Photogenic Reaction

Jennifer Haggerty wrote:
You need to include NSFW on your post. I just opened that up in the office and immediately had to close it... I can't review it until I leave the office.

Sorry, I thought I just need to put it into M category.

Jan 20 15 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Photogenic Reaction

dd photography wrote:
your watermark kills a very nice photo.

I will remember it next time. Thanks!

Jan 20 15 09:38 am Link

Photographer

J Haggerty

Augusta, Georgia, US

Photogenic Reaction wrote:

Sorry, I thought I just need to put it into M category.

No worries. My mature filter is turned off for the home but when at work and looking at forums the settings are saved so it's a surprise when I open it and it's M material.

Jan 20 15 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Peach Jones

Champaign, Illinois, US

I like the pose and I like the lighting. Thinking it would be stronger in B/W......maybe?

Jan 20 15 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Matt Blais Photography

Riverside, California, US

Peach Jones wrote:
I like the pose and I like the lighting. Thinking it would be stronger in B/W......maybe?

Or maybe adjust the color to lessen the yellow, but a nice image, lovely model

Jan 20 15 01:03 pm Link

Model

Victoria Elle

New York, New York, US

It's beautifully lit, but the color seems off to me.  She's very orange, like she just got a spray tan.  From this image I had assumed she was Hispanic, with black or very dark brown hair.  I was surprised to find when I looked at her modeling port that she is actually a fairly pale redhead.  I doesn't look bad necessarily, but it's something to think about, and maybe examine your post-work, or lighting temp/gels on set.

I would also consider cloning out that chunk of hair that escaped over her shoulder.  The shape of it isn't deliberate enough to me that it adds to the image, and it breaks up the beautiful line of her arm.

Jan 20 15 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Photogenic Reaction

Victoria Elle wrote:
It's beautifully lit, but the color seems off to me.  She's very orange, like she just got a spray tan.  From this image I had assumed she was Hispanic, with black or very dark brown hair.  I was surprised to find when I looked at her modeling port that she is actually a fairly pale redhead.  I doesn't look bad necessarily, but it's something to think about, and maybe examine your post-work, or lighting temp/gels on set.

I would also consider cloning out that chunk of hair that escaped over her shoulder.  The shape of it isn't deliberate enough to me that it adds to the image, and it breaks up the beautiful line of her arm.

Thanks for your advise. I will definitely look into that.

Jan 20 15 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

Photogenic Reaction

Matt Blais Photography wrote:

Or maybe adjust the color to lessen the yellow, but a nice image, lovely model

Let me do some PS and let you know the result. Thanks!!!

Jan 20 15 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Photogenic Reaction

Peach Jones wrote:

Good idea! Let me try it!

Photographer

Photogenic Reaction

Victoria Elle wrote:

Would you please take a look at some other photos in my portfolio with the same model and give your suggestion? Thanks a million!!!

Model

Victoria Elle

New York, New York, US

Just looked at your other pictures of her.  There are only 2 others where I think she looks orange:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/37784519
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/37784549

There's also this:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/37784539
but it seems to have an all over Sepia tone/filter, so I wouldn't group it with the oranges.

All the other images you took of her look more like a natural skin tone to me, and the edit you just posted does as well.

Jan 20 15 01:34 pm Link