Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > New photos, slightly different, Critique Please!

Model

Vic-Rose

London, England, United Kingdom

Trying out some new styles as well as shooting with short hair, would love some constructive critique please!

Jan 21 15 02:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Vic-Rose wrote:
Trying out some new styles as well as shooting with short hair, would love some constructive critique please!

Since you are blessed with porcelain skin tone I would suggest you move away from B&W and into color (with photographers who use a fully calibrated color workflow) in order to showcase your gorgeous facial features...

With platinum blonde hair and blue/green/grey eyes you are ideal positioned for beauty narratives...

I for one would consider creative testing with you...
your face is an exceptional canvass for a makeup artist...

Hope this helps...

All the best on your journey...

Jan 22 15 07:22 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

Short hair is fine if you have the face for it.

The images themselves, do not make you look attractive, so they do nothing for me, at all.

Jan 22 15 08:01 am Link

Photographer

Jean Renard Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

The danger of trying quirky expressions like the frown is that it become a cliche very fast, do it once and move on.
We constantly use models who need to clown around, there are millions of expressions that work within whatever concept you are shooting.

As a model everything needs to support the concept as an actor the situation does, a white background is not that interesting.

Jan 22 15 12:26 pm Link

Model

Vic-Rose

Lallure Photographic wrote:

The images themselves, do not make you look attractive, so they do nothing for me, at all.

Lallure Photographic,
I really fail to see how your comment is in anyway constructive, but more to the point I want to stress that attractiveness is not what defines a picture or a model.  A photograph can have an attractive woman in it but it may not be a beautiful photograph, and just because a woman is attractive, does not mean she will photograph well... I strive for versatility,  expression and experimentation to open new venues of opportunity, not to simply be attractive...
Please in future only give constructive criticism, not just your unhelpful opinion.

Jan 22 15 03:37 pm Link

Model

Vic-Rose

Jean Renard Photography wrote:
The danger of trying quirky expressions like the frown is that it become a cliche very fast, do it once and move on.
We constantly use models who need to clown around, there are millions of expressions that work within whatever concept you are shooting.

As a model everything needs to support the concept as an actor the situation does, a white background is not that interesting.

Thank you Jean Renard Photography, I absolutely agree, I''ll just keep experimenting and fitting myself to the concept.

Jan 22 15 03:38 pm Link

Model

Vic-Rose

ArtistryImage wrote:

Since you are blessed with porcelain skin tone I would suggest you move away from B&W and into color (with photographers who use a fully calibrated color workflow) in order to showcase your gorgeous facial features...

With platinum blonde hair and blue/green/grey eyes you are ideal positioned for beauty narratives...

I for one would consider creative testing with you...
your face is an exceptional canvass for a makeup artist...

Hope this helps...

All the best on your journey...

Thank you!
I''d love to do some creative testing if we''re ever in the same area!

Jan 22 15 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Lallure Photographic wrote:

+1

Jan 22 15 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/150121/14/54c029b79a95e_m.jpg
This is not the most flattering of images for a female model. Was it fun to do, probably, does it show versatility, as an actor, it may. Your portfolio is your first connection with those folks that have the potential to hire you, if you show your best work both on your part and the photographer, then you will make a great first impression.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130813/06/520a3648c30e2_m.jpg
Being the model and photographer gives you a unique perspective
Of your current photos, this would be the most likely one that I would hire you

My challenge to you is to create a studio style headshot of great quality, nice pose, rich deep color and fantastic lighting

Wish you well

Jan 23 15 05:40 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Vic-Rose wrote:

Lallure Photographic,
I really fail to see how your comment is in anyway constructive, but more to the point I want to stress that attractiveness is not what defines a picture or a model.  A photograph can have an attractive woman in it but it may not be a beautiful photograph, and just because a woman is attractive, does not mean she will photograph well... I strive for versatility,  expression and experimentation to open new venues of opportunity, not to simply be attractive...
Please in future only give constructive criticism, not just your unhelpful opinion.

Don't argue with the feedback you solicited. Just say "Thank you" and move on.

Jan 23 15 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Vic Rose

Orca Bay Images wrote:
Don't argue with the feedback you solicited. Just say "Thank you" and move on.

If I feel somebody is giving criticism that is in no way constructive or relevant I will tell them because, especially on this site, there are a lot of models who don't yet have the grit you need to take harsh CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, let alone pointless comments that are simply negative.

Jan 26 15 04:51 am Link